1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you do to fall asleep?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by GripStrength, Feb 23, 2019.

1. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

Just curious what everyone does to fall asleep. Especially if you relied heavily on masterbation to pass out. I haven’t been sleeping barely at all for the last few days. Literally up all night and pass out for a few hours during the day when my body just shuts down wherever I am. I used to have this problem as a kid, basically my whole life. Just wait in bed for school everyday and pass out on my desk. After school, started doing that at work. 2018 I went about two weeks almost; not even a minute of sleep when no fapping. I took up a physical job and had no desk to sleep on... Anyone have any thing that actually works aside from pills? Because fapping definitely works for me as I’d be so exhausted after I’d pass out right then and there holding my junk :p. I’ve seen some tips but haven’t found anything that works yet.

2. I like to read before bed. I am currently reading "The Rational Male" by Rollo Tomassi

GripStrength likes this.
  3. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

There are some basic standard tips.
    - Avoid screens 1 hour before you expect to fall asleep.
    - Try to read before you fall asleep, reading makes your mind tired.
    - Avoid siesta's in the day.
    - Avoid snacks before you go to bed.

I think it has also something to do about how your lifestyle is. If you experience a lot of stress, its common that you do not fall asleep easily. The same is for having ADHD or variants from it.
    My suggestion: experience with different ideas. Try every week something new and reflect on it. I know also a lot of people who never found a good solution for it, so keep that in mind.

GripStrength likes this.
  4. StonePlacidity

StonePlacidity Fapstronaut

You need to be tired at the end of the day to sleep bro

GripStrength likes this.
  5. Mistric

Mistric Fapstronaut

Actually, my tip to fall sleep is really simple, I just count jumping sheeps as in the movies, normally around 80 sheeps I fall sleep, the reason behind of this (atleast for me) is that repeating patterns makes you bored and tired so you forget about the stressful day you haved and relax until the point that your body automatically falls sleep.
    Note: Im new in nofap and english is not my main language, I hope I wrote this correctly! Sweet dreams! c:

GripStrength and Deleted Account like this.
  6. EdricKr

EdricKr Distinguished Fapstronaut

Breathing normally, I count my breaths backward from 100. If I lose count, start over from 100.

If I'm really agitated, I start from a higher number and count backward by 3 or 7. I find the extra attention needed to do the mental arithmetic takes my mind off whatever is keeping me awake.

I also find it useful to widen my attention to everything coming in through my senses: body sensations, the feeling of breathing, sounds, even the not-quite-dark visual field of my closed eyes. If I get captured by thoughts, I just go back to paying attention to my senses.

7. I have counted backward from 1000 for a while, but never tried to count by 3s or 7s. good idea!

8. Reading the bible and then praying in bed has helped me. I think God is to thank for it though.

Psalm 4:8
    In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.

GripStrength and Deleted Account like this.