1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think of MGTOW?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Gogohee, Aug 28, 2018.

1. JoePineapples

JoePineapples Fapstronaut

I too was initially quite interested... But it very quickly became apparent its a pretty misogynistic movement, with a lot of unpleasant attitudes to other men, as well as women. There's a strong alt-right contingent, which personally puts me off – more of the politics of dividing people up into groups so you can hate on them. A strong sense of victimhood seems to pervade the whole movement...

Future role model likes this.
  2. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

There's some guys who post on youtube talking about going their own way and putting their time and money towards their passions. They don't hate on women, but they like to associate with the MGTOW movement all the same.

But last time I checked out MGTOW forums or reddit, is seemed to be more about discussing gender issues rather than going on one's own path.

When I first heard of it, I thought it would be more like "okay let's forget the relationships and marriage - now let's talk about adventures, hobbies, entrepreneurship, science, new frontiers etc."

Future role model likes this.