1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about ejaculation

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by mtaha2015, Mar 25, 2015.

Old china people use to say " 1 drop of sperm = 10 drops of blood" is that right ?

Poll closed Jul 3, 2015.
  1. Yes it is true

47.4%
  2. No it is false

52.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mtaha2015

mtaha2015 Guest

too much ejaculation is bad for health.

2. I have read that in ejaculation, you lose a lot of yang energy. But I don't see the direct correlation between sperm and blood.

3. KeenEye

KeenEye Fapstronaut

I'm not sure about its correlation with blood either, but I'm sure losing sperm is bad for us, especially while we are recovering.

4. Thanatos

Thanatos Fapstronaut

Blood is a lot more valuable and red blood cells take longer to replenish, not the fluid, but the cells.

5. mtaha2015

mtaha2015 Guest

Qigong

Qigong and Chinese medicine place huge emphasis on a form of energy called 精 (pinyin: jīng, also a morpheme denoting "essence" or "spirit")[26][27] – which one attempts to develop and accumulate. "Jing" is sexual energy and is considered to dissipate with ejaculation so masturbation is considered "energy suicide" amongst those who practice this art. According to Qigong theory, energy from many pathways/meridians becomes diverted and transfers itself to the sexual organs during sexual excitement. The ensuing orgasm and ejaculation will then finally expel the energy from the system completely. The Chinese proverb 一滴精,十滴血 (pinyin: yì dī jīng, shí dī xuè, literally: a drop of semen is equal to ten drops of blood) illustrates this point.

The scientific term for semen in Chinese is 精液 (pinyin: jīng yè, literally: fluid of essence/jing) and the term for sperm is 精子 (pinyin: jīng zǐ, literally: basic element of essence/jing), two modern terms with classical referents.

Ankur Sharma likes this.
  6. SeriousMike

SeriousMike Fapstronaut

Well...

The chinese culture is one thing for itself but there are other (western) studies telling that some ejaculation (I guess once a week) helps you preventing prostate cancer because it 'cleans it out'.

This is no excuse of our fapping issues of course ;)

Blood and sperm will be recovered - that's obvious - but I guess the escessive loss of sperm is harmful as loss of blood is too. We have some theroies around here (makes you tired, etc.) I think that's what the chinese want to tell.