1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What Happened to the Feminist Thread?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Sep 4, 2017.

1. I mean that, in a court of law, what you consider to be "evidence" would be tossed out to the curb, by a judge. They are opinions and theories, not evidence.

2. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

Let's continue this discussion in the PM, so we won't derail this guys thread. I already PM'd you, anyways.

3. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

I cut my debate teeth on Guardian Talk Unlimited - it was a fantastic time to be posting as it was literally an anything goes forum. I found I was always attracted to the more controversial subjects and got burned many times early on jumping in with way more enthusiasm than either knowledge or understanding. It became something of an obsession and I remember many times leaving my computer with a bright red face feeling very very angry. However, I learned a great deal about many topics as well as how to argue. I also developed a thick skin and now do not react at all to insults or provocation. I'm very, very happy to have had that experience.

Guardian Talk turned out to be very much NOT unlimited. It was suddenly shut down one day without warning. And now the Guardian website has degenerated into a verified Safe Space where mindless automatons chant liberal mantras back and forth to each other on the shrinking number of articles that even allow comments.

I have read your comments on this thread and you sound to be still at that fairly thin skinned and short tempered stage. Deleting the thread is one of the classic online tantrums! But that is perfectly fine and provided you keep up with your debating you will improve and overcome your emotional side.

My only piece of advice is that you should not expect people to be rational or respectful online - there are, of course, many who are and you should focus your attention on them but also there are many who are not. Plus there are people who would enjoy trolling a person like you simply because you appear so easily triggered.

One of my favorite phrases is: 'Against such stupidity even the Gods would struggle in vain'. Remember: no matter how good your argument or strong your evidence it will not be sufficient to persuade some people to agree with you. That's simply how humans are. Plato understood this. Best just to accept it as unchanging fact of life and move on.

Good luck...