1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What Hindu born fapstronauts think and feel about Hinduism

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. PeskyAlien

PeskyAlien Fapstronaut

As a handicaped person who was born as a Christian (Catholic), but have been trying to convert to Hinduism (Vaishnavism), I am very glad to see fapstronauts who are born as a Hindu. I can't help myself to be curious, and would like to know what you, Hindu born fapstronauts, think of modern Hinduism and what are your feelings about it, and, everyday spiritual practice.

Did you ever peruse yur religion, doubt in it, consider to became atheists, or consider to change your religion? Did you ever spoke your mind out, and what were reactions of your surrounding, and your loved ones?

Sadly to say that from the time I said I believe in reincarnation, my mother and dad didn't accept my change of religion and said I was Hater of Jesus, although this is far from the truth.

As a handicaped person I am unable to cook and earn food for myself. I have some monney monthly from my country. I am grateful for this money, and any other help my country provide me. Nobody is obliged to give it to me.

For these rasons, I am unable to practice Vaishnavism. There are also perenial, never ending and stubborn presure from my surroundings to go to church. Which I do, but very unwilingly and only at Sunday.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    thinking_differently and En?gma like this.
  2. I'm not an Hinduist but read some of the texts, actually working on read the texts of srimad bhagavatam, but if you want my opinion you don't have to convert yourself, just take what you need to make your life better. Religion is from the latin "religio" and mean "law". A lot of people take comfort to be under a religion and if it make you to feel better, good for you. If you have a philosophy bases much better, and you will see that Vedas, Tao Te Ching , christianity gospels, hellenic philosophy, etc...are more related than we think...as i said on my status, Lao Tsu and Socratis said the same thing in the same period "I know that i don't know", and they born one in china one in hellas. Just don't enter in the New Age Trash Storm or materialistic philosophy, i say it, i was an atheist and now i feel so much better,

Now, the last thing i have to say, if destiny chose you to be christian, then don't betray your origins, gospels and hellenic/latin philosophy are a great source for learn and understand the world, in truth i think Plato is one of the masters and he was so near to understand the truth of reality. As christianized people, we can tap into other religions/pratices, we are juat expanding our minds, this is not a problem.

3. PeskyAlien

PeskyAlien Fapstronaut

Yes, Plato and other weswtern philosophers are great. But, what I needed as a handicaped child, who was the weakest in the classrom and was tortured by my classmate was, simple logical answer to my question, why I am handicaped, why so many people live in powerty, while others live much happier life than we, handicaped children. Why God who is most pious and see everything punished us??? The answer from my mother was that everybody have to bear their cross (everybody suffer more-or-less). I asked, but why sufferings aren't equally divided? Why God punished me so severely?

She replied: - we love you son as such as you are. I responded yes you love me, but why God punished me? Why I can't play with other children, why I can't go to school excursion like other children. She frowned being unable to give me reasonable answer.

Only reasonable answer to this question I found in reincarnation theoriy. I firstly learn a meditation technique called Mental Dynamics which is technique from Kabala. Later I found much finer and elaborate answers from Vaishnavism.

As can bee seen from the above explanation, my destiny has been that I am Heretic.

It is true that Plato was realy big philosopher. But what I needed when I was twelve to twenty years old wasn't Plato's book The State, but simple and concise answer why I suffer so much. Why the suffering aren't divided more equally.

I disagree. Behaving like believer in one religion, but actually believing in totally different religion is hypocrisy. Latin poet Virgil said: - Choosing the G-o-d-s we choose our destiny.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  4. Christianity is a contraddiction, an hypocrisy. We have a culture ,European/american that does not esist because when Jesus Christ says to not accumulate things, people accumulate money, etc...
    He say to help people and never ask nothing in change and is not what we do.
    And he say to not let ego take posses of yourself, then I see all people on instagram wear 2.000€ dress or shoes, do photos for make likes and sho how your life is better, how you are better than the other loosers. This is a society where we don't cooperate, is a society where we are costantly competing (social darwinism).
    Anyway for you handicap how could you say that you didn't choosed it? Maybe is just an experience you need to do for learn...your soul maybe asked this, and you are not your body! About the people that bully you in your life are just soulless/organic portals, i mean is what they seem, no empathy, there is difference between them or demons?
    One of my favorite movie Avatar have a protagonist that had an handicap anyway, that's an amazing movie.
    You just have to expand your mind, find your own answers, search everywhere, every philosophy and find the one that make you feel better.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2020
  5. PeskyAlien

PeskyAlien Fapstronaut

I rather believe that my handicap is karmic reaction for my misdeeds, than that I choose to be born as handicaped. Because being incarnated in human body is alredy very limitting for any spiritual advancement.

Yes. I am not my body. I am not my current circumstances naming, samskaras... etc.

Anyway... it seems that here are realy few Hindu born fapstronauts. If any of you see this thread, please tell me which Indian forum on English I language can join to discuss their view on celibacy and other spiritual practices. I would like to join a secualr, but yet religiously oriented forum.

En?gma likes this.
  6. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

I think it could be a beautiful religion if taught from the basics.
    I know some of the Mahabharata and Ramayana.
    Real or not, what a wonderful story!

However, it has diluted over the years.
    The principles, teachings being in the Gita, in Sanskrit can not easily be interpreted by a common Hindu today. WE.DO.NOT.SPEAK.SANSKRIT.
    Hence, even the Vedas remain locked.
    Unless ofc one decides to read a translation.
    People don’t do that. They don’t.
    They’ll impose any weird condition, like
    “If I get married within a year, I’ll offer So many grams of Gold to this God of this place”
    “If I do this Pooja, will I get married soon?”

What would God want Gold for?! This proves how weakly they understand the very concept of God and Religion.

and the priests who themselves don’t understand what their saying at a freakin’ rate of 3 words/second !

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    PeskyAlien likes this.
  7. PeskyAlien

PeskyAlien Fapstronaut

Yes.. real or not, these stories simply cannot go out from an average or spiritually non conscious mind.

BTW, nice to see you again.

thinking_differently likes this.