1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is success really?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Max666, Jul 17, 2023.

1. Max666

Max666 Fapstronaut

Have you ever asked yourself this question? How do you measure it?
    Is it happiness, money?
    I've often thought of success as a process of working towards some noble cause. If you give up, you fail. But what if that cause, from the many years of toil and sacrifice brings you nothing but isolation and no real financial benefit? If those years have robbed you of opportunity such as relationships and family then failure can be seen as success.

I dont have my own family and I've often looked at young fathers holding their kid's hands at the mall and wondered are they truly happy? I mean, I only see the surface. They may look at me and see 'choice' and the envy works both ways. But nothing is perfect, right?

2. Here's what I believe: Your true wealth comes from your health and your sanity. Those are two things money can't buy, and are the most expensive things to treat when they get damaged. If you lose them permanently, then your life is pretty much over in my opinion.

If your path to success gives no financial benefit, that doesn't mean it's a wrong path. Sometimes you may not live to see the success of the seed you plant, but future generations will. For example, MLK Jr didn't live to see his success, but that doesn't mean his efforts were in vain.

If you want to be a father, that's a decent goal. Provided you have the means to raise that child in a healthy environment, and instill good values through good parenting and setting an example. Not all parents are happy, and not all parents are good ones. If you choose to be single, great! But if you hate it (because it wasn't a choice), it can be very depressing.

Do what makes you happy, but money can never buy happiness. Some people become a whole different animal just in the pursuit of money.