1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What languages are you guys learning?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by SushiLover05, Oct 13, 2020.

1. SushiLover05

SushiLover05 Fapstronaut

Rn, I'm learning Spanish. What about you guys?

engelman and intso like this.
  2. potterykays

potterykays New Fapstronaut

i am learning english and chinese in college. My major is foreign languages and I will work as translator in the future. But I am bad at writing so chek help here from time to time.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    engelman, intso and SushiLover05 like this.
  3. Belching_Booch

Belching_Booch Fapstronaut

4. ndaty

ndaty Fapstronaut

japanese, kanjis are difficult! it's really frustrating not to be able to read a paragraph full of difficult kanjis!

SushiLover05 likes this.
  5. Caerulea

Caerulea Fapstronaut

Spanish, Japanese, and Chinese. Korean is (probably) next.

intso and SushiLover05 like this.
  6. Next year I'm going to Japan and Korea, guess I have to learn korean (and improve my japanese).

7. Belching_Booch

Kanji is the worst! I only know a couple. Shit all looks the same to me.

SushiLover05 and intso like this.
  8. ndaty

ndaty Fapstronaut

japanese, kanjis are difficult! it's really frustrating not to be able to read a paragraph full of difficult kanjis!
    i've tried that book of James Heisig, Remembering the kanjis, a very different method.. i stopped after finishing the first part, i think i need a whole year to really learn them, the Volume is just abt writing and meaning, then there are other books for reading.. quite a long process but for the lil i learned from there, it kinda works,
    so it needs patience!
    thing is with ordinary kanji books, u can find everything (reading, writing, meaning all at the same time)but memorizing is tough!

SushiLover05 and Belching_Booch like this.
  9. Caerulea

Caerulea Fapstronaut

I was kind of intimidated by kanji at first, too. (I got over it after beginning to learn Chinese.) Learning radicals helps immensely. I suggest doing that if you have not already done so.

10. Belching_Booch

I'm learning very slow and casually. Using Duolingo and Lingodeer as well as some phrase books. I mainly learned hiragana, katakana, and how to structure sentences. I need to know enough just so I can hit up the cuties when I visit Japan

engelman, intso and SushiLover05 like this.
  11. ndaty

ndaty Fapstronaut

man, i'd like to learn Portuguese too! their pronounciation is very charming!

SushiLover05 likes this.
  12. It's a sexy language. Spanish is kind of robotic and intuitive but PT has some funny rules which make the words come to life with their unique pronunciation. I'm glad you noticed!

13. Queek The HeadTakker

Queek The HeadTakker Fapstronaut

Grhhrrhhrhhfhfhfhr i tried to learn the Lizzard Old ones speech fjhthrhrhjfjfjdjfjfjjfjr but their very slow slow slow gjhfhrhhgjdjsjjdjd Queek doesnt have the pacience for that grhehhahhahah

Hagámoslo likes this.