What music inspires YOU?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by cryptifly, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Tathata

Tathata Fapstronaut

David Bowie. His song Rock 'n' Roll Suicide stopped me from considering suicide 2.5 years ago. Listening to his album "Low" taught me how to handle sadness by viewing the feeling as beautiful while not being so attached and identified with it.

Especially inspiring songs by him are: Fill your heart, Kooks, Right and Somebody up there likes me. To name a few.

2. GoldenRuleStudent

GoldenRuleStudent Fapstronaut

@Tathata That is remarkable. My little sister's attempted suicide. It's a very helpless feeling when you know a loved one tried to kill themselves twice.

Most lay people misinterpret the wholesome aim of ascetic practices.

There's no freedom from pain in this world. Only freedom from conflicting desires, which cause very avoidable pains.

Music has been used in religions and moral teachings for centuries to motivate people to keep honesty with their feelings about life, each other and themselves.

There are better tools but in this busy fallen world wholesome music is a good one.

3. Tathata

Tathata Fapstronaut

@GoldenRuleStudent Sorry to hear about your sister, I hope she's feeling better nowadays.

4. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

5. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

6. spike1899

spike1899 Fapstronaut

I can spend hours talking about the different music I listen to. I listen to a lot of stuff from a wide variety of sources ranging from games, movie trailers, and the occasional group that catches my interest. I'll share some of my personal favorites. Look 'em up on youtube if you want to listen to them!

Globus by Preliator : I absolutely love this song, it's very fitting to hear when you feel like you are under a great deal of pressure. You feel the strength to keep marching forward, and that you're ready to strike back after being backed into a corner. The lyrics are in Latin too, they really inspired me when I found a translation of the lyrics (even though I'm not the most religious person out there).

I Was Born For This by Austin Wintory (Journey OST) : It's a very calming piece. It's a great piece to listen to in order to soothe the soul, bring your mind to a state of peace. A very fine piece of music to compliment the end of an unforgettable journey.

Hold Your Ground by ??? (Metal Arms - Glitch in the System OST) : I'll admit that I enjoy the occasional chaotic techno piece every so often. It's full of energy and really gives me that get up and go drive to do what I set my mind to. Reminds me of how this game was, action packed, never a moment to breathe, and hilarious.

Tank Worker by ??? (Metal Saga OST) : This one keeps me focused on the task that is laid out in front of me. Jazz feeling songs are a personal favorite for any time and tend to be more suitable for a wider variety of situations, but this one helps keep my mind from straying away from what I'm doing. The synthesizer sounds like it's from the early 90's, but the composition of the song keeps me listening to it. I listened to this a lot while I was building my current desktop computer.

I have a ton of music that I listen to for many different scenarios. Let me know if you want me to try and dig up something to suit a particular scenario!

7. sam.rivers2015

sam.rivers2015 New Fapstronaut

Not a song, but definitely Igor Stravinsky's The Rite Of Spring. Amazing music that seems to really click when I'm feeling down or angry.

8. Saki

Saki Fapstronaut

I love Tycho. Especially the albums Dive and Awake.

9. heartpower

heartpower Fapstronaut

I actually listen to the Christian station a lot. It puts me in a different place that is most often not related to sex. I also think Heavy Metal helps me too. Perhaps because of the tension.

10. NoFapBen

NoFapBen New Fapstronaut

Out 2 Space

Out 2 Space By Chiddy Bang

[video=youtube;HnsN_lWoJIk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnsN_lWoJIk[/video]

11. NamelessJohn

NamelessJohn Fapstronaut

The band "Coheed and Cambria" has a lot of songs that I would call inspiring. Listen to "dark side of me" and "here we are Juggernaut" by them.

12. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

this is my jam right here!
    [video=youtube;Yo5fE-Zl-V4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo5fE-Zl-V4&list=PLS5X54f9JXXZkmph-Njm_NXBVMlO5BEQa&safe=active[/video]