1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What other activities can I be doing?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Thechosenone, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Thechosenone

Thechosenone Fapstronaut

I'm sitting here on my laptop, not knowing what else I can do. Can you guys leave me suggestions? I have too much free time...I want to become my greatest version what else can I be doing?

2. TheBeachvillain

TheBeachvillain Banned

Learn a new language.

Thechosenone likes this.
  3. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

Thechosenone likes this.
  4. Idle time is the worst. I like to read, workout and yes...clean. So at any given time I can do any of that at a moments notice to take my mind off things. I think the kicker is getting your ass in gear and beginning to do something else. Just have some hobbies for yourself and make a list of chores that can be done and post it somewhere for your to always see.

Another thing that helped me was making a list of all things I wanted to do, all the books I wanted to read, all the places I wanted to go....I had a really big list all said and done! Then you just pick from your list and go :)

Lexy and Thechosenone like this.
  5. Thechosenone

Thechosenone Fapstronaut

I've worked out today, meditated, gone for a walk and done my school work. most of today I was watching youtube videos lol. I cant be bothered to read self help books I want to learn from experience and stuff...I've already conquered piano and drawing so I dont want to do those anymore. I want to have fun and not be so productive, but i want the fun to be cool. xD

6. wait a minute... the most experienced artist in the world would never say that about himself ;)
    So I am guessing: either open your mind to how deep you can go with music and drawing.... or perhaps admit that you are not that interested in it...
    One way to kick the door open with art is to smoke some pot and check it out again... (and go for the real stuff jazz and classical)
    And even tho that worked for me it got me into a heap of trouble (the pot that is)
    I can do much more much better and much deeper with self-hypnosis
    And even if drawing and music is not for you self hypnosis is really funny and may also get you some answers
    Oh other suggestion: go outside and check out where you live ;)

7. Thechosenone

Thechosenone Fapstronaut

I've conquered realism, I don't want to take it any further its too stressful. Piano is also stressful because its not an acitivity I can bond with people over...its quite an isolated thing I've been doing for years...I want new habits that are a bit more regular, I feel like a robot or something lol

It's lonely being able to do things not many others can...lol

Lexy likes this.
  8. ah ha ha ok i see... hmm
    I see I fled to music to get the intensity I miss with ppl, but for a while I tried pursuing it as a profession and it became super stressful. Anyway if it's interaction you want then you need to sign up for something that helps you meet ppl. So check out something like www.meetup.com and go do something that might be of interest, gets you out of your place and out and about with ppl. Someone advised me to sit in on a course where babes are prone to go, things like anthropology, pretend to struggle with the material (which is easy if you do not study) and ask for help :D

Thechosenone likes this.
  9. Thechosenone

Thechosenone Fapstronaut

My God that's brilliant. I'll see whats available ;p