1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do when feeling lonely?????

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by L.LAWLIET, Jun 14, 2023.

1. Infinity8

Infinity8 Fapstronaut

Go down your contacts list and call a friend of family member. Catching up and getting connected feels great!

Sam78 likes this.
  2. L.LAWLIET

L.LAWLIET Fapstronaut

TRYING TO ENJOY LONELINESS.

3. MojaveJoey

MojaveJoey Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing this. Definitely an insightful story.

L.LAWLIET and rheinpfalz like this.
  4. Sam78

Sam78 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

@rheinpfalz that's pretty insightful especially the part about primal urges

Ghost101 likes this.
  5. Sam78

Sam78 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I am feeling super lonely too and one possible solution that comes to mind for me is to engage here.

What time of day do you all feel most lonely? For me it's night time
    What are you struggling with most in life right now? For me its finding a job that is compatible to my unique strengths and weaknesses (Neurodivergence in particular)
    What is one (or more things) that have helped you? I find that listening to podcasts or reading mystery books seems to help. I'm hoping to start joining more meetups soon as well.
    What is one (or more) thing(s) that you really hope to accomplish? I want to work for a non-profit of some kind and live a in a big city. I currently live in a suburban hellscape lol and it feels really isolating...
    Lastly what is one thing that you're willing to be vulnerable/reveal about yourself? I am an HSP and am really emotionally fragile, like even if someone shares a heartfelt opinion (in an honest friendly way) that differs from mine I feel threatened often and my body can go into a tailspin that can last for days... its hell

How about you all, anyone willing to share?

6. What time of day do you all feel most lonely? These days it tends to be midweek during the day, but in the past it has varied (weekend nights for example).
    What are you struggling with most in life right now? Earning and saving enough money etc.
    What is one (or more things) that have helped you? Doing anything remotely healthy (or relatively harmless) instead lol. Going for a walk is a good one.
    What is one (or more) thing(s) that you really hope to accomplish? Get good at computer programming.
    Lastly what is one thing that you're willing to be vulnerable/reveal about yourself? My moods can fluctuate a lot.

Sam78 and L.LAWLIET like this.
  7. pete379

pete379 Fapstronaut

Another well written, honest, and insightful post brother. I read it twice.

Sam78 likes this.
  8. YourLocalClown

YourLocalClown Fapstronaut

It's great that you're reaching out and seeking support. Loneliness is a common feeling, and it's important to address it. Reflect on situations that trigger your loneliness and what you miss in your interactions. Remember, understanding the root of your loneliness is key to finding a solution. Don't let loneliness define your life. Consider engaging in activities on your own, like enjoying a cup of coffee or a solo trip to shopping. Loneliness is a feeling that you can change. Instead of dwelling on it, focus on what you can influence and take steps to reduce the feeling, possibly with some assistance. Be kind to yourself, embrace your qualities, and avoid comparing yourself to others. You're unique and valuable just as you are.

9. Sam78

Sam78 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I can relate to a lot of what you're saying, especially about wanting to save up money and having mood fluctuations...
    Just curious, what type of programming are you interested in? Mostly Javascript? I am wanting to learn web development...

Glad to know I'm not alone (at least in some ways :) )

L.LAWLIET likes this.
  10. Sam78

Sam78 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

It is good to reach out for support. It seems like with so many lonely people just knowing that others are in the same boat and have the same need is a good starting point to develop the relationships that can help us feel connected

YourLocalClown and L.LAWLIET like this.
  11. I'm mostly interested in Python at the moment. I'm working through a book which focuses on simple games in Python. I did try doing some Javascript several years ago. I've dabbled in different types of programming but I'm trying to mainly focus on Python for the time being.

Sam78 likes this.
  12. Call my mother.

BrighterFuture and Sam78 like this.
  13. Sam78

Sam78 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I hear that's a good language to learn fundamentals in and also versatile as you can use it for data analysis too, hope it goes well for you, maybe you can I can sync up at some point and make an app to support lonely people or people on NoPMO :)

14. Yeah it seems like you can do a lot with Python, and do it quicker than you could with some other languages. Similar to Javascript in some ways perhaps.

An app like that could be useful! An app that helps prevent people from relapsing due to loneliness and related moods etc.

Sam78 likes this.
  15. HealingBodyandMind

HealingBodyandMind Fapstronaut

I wish I was completely alone for a month straight or more, I envy your loneliness in a way…

16. Sam78

Sam78 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Sorry for the late reply. How is the coding coming along? If you don't mind me asking, what type of games have you built recently?

I have kind of lapsed a bit in my coding, am hoping to get the abstention back on track in September after I've gotten some traction again with NoPMO

17. I've also lapsed somewhat in my coding, mainly thanks to the fact that August is a bit of a crazy month for me in recent years. Hmm, well the book I'm using for Python has covered a Hangman game recently, and it's building up to completing a Noughts and Crosses / Tic-Tac-Toe game.

I've been much less lonely lately and indeed I wouldn't mind if things quietened down a hell of a lot right now.

Sam78 likes this.
  18. Get lost in my music. Meditation is a big one too.

L.LAWLIET and Sam78 like this.
  19. mariniteish

mariniteish Fapstronaut

Learn to play an instrument! great way to spend time and good for your mind as well.

L.LAWLIET likes this.
  20. Sam78

Sam78 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Struggling with loneliness a lot tonight and am finding some YT videos that are panel discussions on how to help people with emotional issues and it seems to be helping. Am scared about money too so I'm going to try to read about economics.

pointless detective and fusion47 like this.