1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

When's the time to date?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by innermostheart, Apr 6, 2018.

1. innermostheart

innermostheart Fapstronaut

I just want to ask those who are long timer experienced and those who does it right in nofap base. It is just my 2nd day nofap. I just want to ask at what day or when do u think is the right time to date a girl again? Like you know that at that time you are really genuine clear in mind you dont have hidden agenda like it is the right time where in you can speak your mind and the innermost of your heart like you can communicatr them properly. A time that youre not thinking like a pervert and not ashamed like you know youre ready to date with the right motive to be in love.
    So at what day with nofap do u think it is right?
    Tia

2. innermostheart

As long as you did not pmo no.

3. Hatfuge

Hatfuge Fapstronaut

You'll always know you own intentions behind what you do, In my experience I never really felt fantastic after I've had sex with someone just because I was horny.

When your intent is right and it's because you want a lasting relationship I would say it's the right time to date.

I am currently on a 7 day streak and I am Talking with this girl that I'd like to date.

I see nothing wrong with that. I belive that when you get of the PM your brain will slowly weaken that link to O and strengthen the link between real sex and O.

It's not determined by the streak you have.

Good luck!

4. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

From a woman’s prospective when you have been at least 90 days PMO free, preferably longer six months to a year and when you are ready to disclose your addiction past or present when the relationship gets serious. Dating in early reboot or sobriety for any addict is rarely a good idea. Your emotions are raw and so you experience rejection more strongly and just the added new relationship stress will put you at high risk for relapse. You need to focus on you and your needs and feelings. When you throw another persons feelings into the mix it’s often hard for addicts to deal with that because they can’t deal with their own. And honesty is paramount. You have to disclose that even if you are clean.

You have time to meet the right person. If you rush things before you get yourself right you will likely end up with the wrong person or in an unhealthy relationship. A new partner will not be helpful in PMO recovery, it will make it harder. Give it time.

Clerk373, goodnice and innermostheart like this.
  5. innermostheart

Great thanks for the insight. It is really good to aim for a true love long term relationship rather that look for someone to just get you through the night.

6. innermostheart

Right. It'z true. It's difficult to be in a realationship if youre still addicted to pmo.
    So i would focus on my recovery first and give it some time.

7. goodnice

goodnice Fapstronaut

Great advice ma'am. I totally agree. I really really like this girl but i'm waiting until my nofap streak is better so that i will be ready for a relationship. The problem however is that if i don't make a move by the end of the school year (june) then i would have to wait the whole summer and I don't want to lose her. So do you recommend asking her out close to the end of the year when i'm more recovered

GG2002 and innermostheart like this.
  8. innermostheart

I would recommen
    recommend have faith in Jehovah God because with him all things are possible. Even if you don't see each other just have faith in Jehovah and pray to him your worries. He'll give u peace.