1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are we doing this?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Johnnywheels2000, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Johnnywheels2000

Johnnywheels2000 Fapstronaut

We talk about feeling alone even when we are surrounded by other people. There is a sense that we do not belong, that we are not wanted in our lives. Yet that dialogue ends up proving that assumption.

The answer is most certainly not to close off completely and turn to bitterness. To let that cancer spread through the body and eat away the heart. I don’t know what you look for here or why I even post. We don’t want to be alone, to simply just be heard.

It’s a new year again, you are still in this cycle wanting to get out. There is no time left to waste as time is never wasted. If you miss out again you will have a longer way to climb. What do you really want to do? Do you care about anything? Do you care if anyone cares about you. If you say no, then everyone is gonna say no. I wouldn’t trust a guy who didn’t give a shit.

2. beat_it

beat_it Fapstronaut

I would argue that sometimes it's better to be alone than getting too mixed up with the people around you. A lot of people become reclusive as a result of the way other people or society treats them. Having a lot of friends is considered a status symbol, and it's cool when no one has anything bad to say about you. But I'd say that it's better to be lonely than to fall in deep with someone who proves to be insensitive or untrustworthy. Having abusive friends can be more damaging than loneliness. And sometimes too, a person may need some alone time to face their own demons before going out and burdening someone else with them.

3. SirQwerty

SirQwerty Fapstronaut

This is honestly how I feel. I feel lonely, but at the same time am tired of (most) people and don't want to be disappointed. I've never really fit in, never had a good friend, so I'm used to it at this point

4. Muha22

Muha22 Fapstronaut

What is your point ?
    Not this pseudo philosophical mambo jumbo