1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why school book education always differs from real world knowledge

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by r8js, Apr 15, 2017.

1. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

Why school book education always differs from real world knowledge
    Help me to find out this answer.

it is really frustrating .......when u find out whatever u learn in school or college ..............it is not helping u to get anything .....

it start to feel like education is just useless thing.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  2. Because it's not supposed to help you get anything but an average 9 to 5 job. It's not meant to help you become successful in life, accomplish your dreams or become happy. The purpose of school education is to train you to be a good work drone, to keep running the system.

Deleted Account, Quiver and Headspace like this.
  3. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

You know, I worked as a math and physics teacher last year, and to me school started to feel like a prison for the children.

Nevertheless, it will be over at some point. It's your choice whether or not you make the best out of it. As long as you are aware that you don't learn much about real life, you'll be ok. In case you are planning to get higher education, school is important for you.

4. Calculas

Calculas Guest

Real purpose is to learn to carry on your life. It depends on how you look at the things in school. If you are just trying to pass time school will never seem to be useful.

To the point.
    Previously i felt that school was hell. Study and give exams then repeat. Change your thinking try to enjoy your school life. Try to improve yourself. I never liked any of the teacher in my school haha they didnt liked me too because i scored better and never listen to them (nope never ). All I learned at school was how to manage things.
    School will provide basic knowledge that every human must have. Anyways why whine about school if you cant quit it? Better to enjoy man!
    School is for exposure with others ,otherwise all the fappers will never communicate with others :p Dont you think so?

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. @DarkMatter I'm not arguing that 100% of school is useless. Sure they teach some useful things in life; health education, sex education, basic math, basic economics reading and writing as well as giving people a place to socialize, etc. But there is a point where basic usefulness ends and useless knowledge starts. 90% of what I learned in all the subjects such as math, biology, geography, literature and so on I will never use in my life. In fact, I already have forgotten most of those things. They would be useful if one would decide to pursue career in one of those fields. But otherwise it is just useless memorizing that, after passing exam, gets you nowhere. So no, I am not advocating of getting rid of the idea of school as a whole. I am however thinking that the whole education system as it is now is largely dysfunctional and needs to to be remodeled pretty much from ground up.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2017
    Deleted Account, Calculas and Quiver like this.
  6. Calculas

Calculas Guest

Dont you think that average IQ is increasing? What adults understood a century ago is now understood by kids.

Yup I have also never used any of those things and I do believe that such system has hindered any large breakthrough in science/math or tech. because a kid has to focus on every subject rather than the one he is good in. Changes can be made but then kids dont have that much maturity to choose their passion at a small age. Maybe we can talk about the changes that can be made rather then accusing the system?... Because when i try to think of the changes that can be made it only makes my mind go blank.

:)

7. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

Thank You All 4 Reply.

What is ur best way to minimize gap between real life knowledge and whatever we have learned in school ?

Thank you once again. Keep replying.

8. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Thing(s) I've learned: Don't whip out your penis in class.

9. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

School is an organization, and the purpose of an organization is to make profits or make you become one of the system. So it's either good or bad based on different perspectives

10. Orangeraie

Orangeraie Fapstronaut

Education in school isn't made in order to be only "useful". The main goal of school is to train citizen with humanities. Learning philosophy doesn't help you to get a work but helps you to be a Man.
    Do you want to have a work ? Studies technical subjects in high schools (depends on your country) or go to college.
    At university, you learn theory in order to be able to learn/do technical stuff after it or you learn technical stuff in your last years.