1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

worried about my height (I haven't grown for a year but I think I know why)

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Icanmakeit, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Icanmakeit

Icanmakeit Fapstronaut

Hi, I hope everything goes well, I am 17 years old and I am worrying about my height (168cm) I have not grown in a year and a couple of months but I think I know why, before I was obese (100kilograms) and for 9 months approx I dropped 30 kilograms , recently I went with another nutritionist and she told me that the other nutritionist gave me too little to eat and that affected my growth, but not only was that also that I was even more sedentary and when I went to the gym I thought I did everything wrong I was carrying too much and finally I slept very little like 4-6 hours and had very rare sleep schedules Do you think I can continue to grow with a good sleep and feed in correct amounts? It should be clarified that my puberty was late at 15 and still a couple of 15 or less tell me that I look like a child haha

Hello Friend likes this.
  2. Hello Friend

Hello Friend Fapstronaut

Yes..I think you can.
    Exerciseing, nutrition, enough sleep(go to bed before 11pm).
    You're still growing but very slowly...you can boost it with the things I mentioned. And don't worry about it...you may grow even after 18. I hope I grow after 18 cause I'm not a tall person too.

3. skibum71

skibum71 Fapstronaut

I take it you're both teenagers...trust me, one of the most valuable lessons you can learn in life is not to stress about things beyond your control. Concentrate on what you CAN control, and do so to build a life you enjoy.
    Cheers!

Hello Friend likes this.
  4. You're a teenager, man. I have been the same height since I was 16. I don't think eating more is going to make you grow taller. Instead, take a look at your family. If the other males in your family are around the same height, then that's your answer.
    Nutritionists aren't doctors. They are not in any way to be considered as authorities on anything other than healthy eating. Yes, nutrition does play a role in tissue and bone growth. People in the West are growing taller and entering adolescence earlier because of the drugs that are fed to the livestock. The chickens we eat are technically still babies, as they are fed growth hormones to accelerate their growth from baby chicks to full size in a matter of weeks, rather than the natural growth span from infancy to adulthood in a matter of months. If we are what we eat, then we are also ingesting what the animals eat.

5. Here are 11 evidence-based ways to increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels naturally.
    • Lose Body Fat. ...
    • Fast Intermittently. ...
    • Try an Arginine Supplement. ...
    • Reduce Sugar Intake. ...
    • Don't Eat a Lot Before Bedtime. ...
    • Take a GABA Supplement. ...
    • Exercise at a High Intensity. ...
    • Take Beta-Alanine and/or a Sports Drink Around Your Workouts.

yrjyrj and Get_It like this.
  6. i was 5 ft 7 around 17 and at 22 i was 6 ft 2 the hormones supplement possibly helped

my weight went from 125lbs 190lbs 5 years

yrjyrj and Hello Friend like this.