1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you rather know when or how you die?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Gotham Outlaw, Aug 2, 2018.

Would you rather know when or how you die?

1. When

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. How

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

If you could find out right now when or how you were going to die which would you pick? I'd rather know how, and whenever it happens it happens.

2. Reverent

Reverent Fapstronaut

Yeah how. Especially if the how is by old age. Then I could tempt fate.

One thing is already for certain there will be a when. So not much surprise knowing what will one day be inevitable.

Kenzi and Gotham Outlaw like this.
  3. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Why would knowing how be beneficial?

Whether it's a painful one or a peaceful method, it's still going to happen.

Isn't it better to know when so that you can plan your life up to that point (make the most of it)?

4. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I’d prefer when. If I knew how, I’d either be too cautious, or I’d be too wreckless depending on what it was.

5. FGHTFRLF

FGHTFRLF Fapstronaut

Knowing how I’d die, I would be able to tempt my fate. However, it could happen in an moment, and I know that I would drive myself crazy trying to protect myself from the object that will cause my death. After all, trying to protect yourself from something constantly only brings it closer, or even something worse closer.

Knowing when I die gives me an idea of how long I do have left, and I’ll be using what I have left to the fullest.

This poll is quite thought provoking, but when talking about death like this, it’s as if we are taking into consideration that death will come to me at a fixed date for a fixed reason. This means that I would rather live properly before that fixed date, instead of trying my entire life to run away from that fixed reason. I would rather live than constantly protect myself.

6. How definitely, when would be way too weird.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  7. Nightbynight

Nightbynight Fapstronaut

I don't really care for how, at worst surely once the grueling process is over it won't matter, however "when" will allow me to get my affairs in order and get as much done before the hourglass empties, that is if I could resist depression

I magine knowing how you die could change all your actions to avoid it happening making it less likely or who knows it could be what leads you directly to your fortold method of death. Its like what do you do if given a prophecy of how you die. Avoid it, possibly leading to said death anyway or embrace it and go along for the ride? Grrr
    Maybe the best answer is I don't wish to know either! Lol

8. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

I think I'd rather know when... because if I find out how, whatever way I die will cause me to fear that event. Like say I die by drowning, it would make me terrified of swimming and I would never go near water... or if I die all alone in a hospital, it'll make me depressed.

But knowing when will give me time to prepare for my death.

Nightbynight and DoeDew like this.
  9. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

I just want it to be a secret

10. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

You wouldn't know where you would die, only how.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  11. SolitaryScribe

The fact that you don't know the location is even more frightening

12. Nightbynight

Nightbynight Fapstronaut

Haha I cant swim so I already have a fear of water which stops me learning how to swim which in turn also makes it more likely I'll drown if i ever find myself in water. Its kind of like knowing how lol

13. SolitaryScribe

I'm actually a decent swimmer but I think I have a genuine fear of drowning. I'd rather die in a fire then drown. That's probably why I learned to swim at an early age.

Nightbynight likes this.
  14. I think knowing when would cause too many complications. I would definitely rather know how. It would be nice to be able to prepare myself, mentally, for that situation.

That being said, I think I would honestly rather not know either, but if I had to choose, I would choose how.

15. I think how because when would probably be very very stressful !
    But as Castielle said, I would rather not know!