1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Writing down my entire past saved me from PMO

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Wild Wave, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Wild Wave

Wild Wave Fapstronaut

On this NoFap journey I never seriously delved into my mind to find out why I found it so difficult to stop my PM habits, and why I'd started doing it in the first place.

I've worked through depression, anxiety, all the usual stuff people go through nowadays... I genuinely believed that I'd put all these deep-seated issues behind me, until I wrote a very detailed non-biased personal inventory last year. I started writing it the day after a bad relapse and now over a year later I can happily say I haven't been tempted or taken a moment to daydream about PM, and this is coming from someone who PMO'd 3-5 times a day for 10 years.

I'd recently read a few books on addiction and one in particular (Russell Brand - Recovery) outlined this method.
    Over a couple of days I spent hours upon hours digging into my past and writing down any memory where I had a resentment against a person or incident, and how it has had an effect on these areas: Pride, Self-esteem, Personal relations, Sexual relations, Ambitions, Security, Finances.

I won't go into detail about my inventory otherwise this post will end up way too long, but I strongly believe every one of us needs to do this as it has completely changed my self-image and perspective on life.

I'd recommend getting the book to see the method in detail, or just message me and I can guide you through it.

Good luck!

....... likes this.