1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Yeah, online dating isnt for me

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by AtomicTango, Aug 7, 2017.

1. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Hi guys, yesterday I started an online dating profile and just now I deleted it. I realised very quickly that its just not for me, I dont want my attraction or compatibility with someone to be decided by percentages and arbitary questions, I dont want to judge someone based on just a few photos, I want to judge someone based on their whole self.

Just to clarify, I had success almost immedietely after I signed up, I chatted with some girls, flirted with others, it wasnt going badly, I just didnt like it. I guess for some people it could be helpful but after taking my morning walk (side note, I recomend everyone do this, its great for collating your thoughts and reaching a state of zen) I arrived at the conclusion that I would rather try in real life and tolerate potential failure than spend my time obsessing over people who for all intents and purposes might as well not even be real. That may be a strong viewpoint to take but thats what I believe.

2. Wise decision

3. jsareph

jsareph Fapstronaut

Respect. Downloaded and removed Tinder within 5 hours a few years ago for the same reasons and I've never come to regret it.

4. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I tried Tinder on a whim earlier this year and deleted it within the same timeframe, IDK I just cant get past it feeling fake, I already spend enough time online anyway and limiting my genuine social interaction even more just seems dumb to me. Not to mention a lot of my best attributes cant be properly shown online, so in the end I'm selling myself short.

5. jsareph

jsareph Fapstronaut

Totally agree, it's kind of hard to be satisfied with the people you meet when you have an endless supply of "candidates" you can return to anytime.

So keep your head up! There are plenty of people out there who feel the same way.

ravivardmas likes this.