1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Your old hobby was masturbating...

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, May 26, 2020.

1. So what did I do today?

I spoke to exactly 6 people on the phone today. Some friends and some family. I know some of you in this forum simply won't have that many people to call to. That is unfortunate and is a different topic.

When I wasn't talking with people what did I do? I read a book, worked on some courses, read articles etc etc.

When you have other things to do... not being a jerk off is a much easier task than you'd think.

Whatever you do guys... don't be alone with a closed door. That is your worst enemy. (I moved my weights to a room that didn't have a door because of this)

COVID has set everyone on this forum back in one way or another. That doesn't mean we lose. It just means we need to try harder and be creative.

Remember... for all of you on here in your teens early 20s etc.. you don't have as much time as you think. Life comes at you fast. Don't be a jerk off.

2. Well said!
    If you don't have 6 people to talk to, find some! It's never too late to make friendships.
    This forum is full of lonely people, how can all of you be so alone? :)

Chose your books and atricles wisely, read things that matter. Learn new stuff!

Nice trick with the weights and the door I will do the same.

Happy rebooting.

Submariner likes this.
  3. PerseveranceToday

PerseveranceToday Fapstronaut

You're right. Instead of jacking off, it's time for us to jack in. ;) Finding new hobbies and ways to spend the time is tough, especially with the lack of drive and lethargy that comes with withdrawal, but it's necessary.

And yeah, I always leave my door half-open at night, so anyone in the house can clearly hear whatever I'm doing. It's honestly not a great technique for stopping relapses because it doesn't take that much effort to get up and close my door (certainly better than nothing though), but the real reason I do it is the statement of intent: for as long as that door is open I'm essentially telling myself "not today". Closed doors and isolation are exactly what this addiction thrives off of.

Submariner and Deleted Account like this.
  4. Yeah the big thing is try and make friends even on the forum.
    We're all jerk offs XD but we have other interests ... Tech, money, sports, etc etc. DM people !

5. We change, and we can get inspiration from eachother. Yes we may be addicts today, we may have problems in life at this moment, but we will be proud of ourselves some day. And guess what! Since we all achieve that goal , we will have great people in our friends circle.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. I almost got carried away today.

I stopped myself and started texting people I havent talked in a while.

Now I'm good. Very important to try to talk to someone

Deleted Account likes this.