Men can hate gold diggers but can't women hate "looks" diggers

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by TheGoldenEra, Apr 3, 2018.

1. I wasn't aware of this word until today :emoji_laughing::emoji_confounded:

I didn't say anything about being PC or being offended. Why even bring such things up?

I just think we should be fair to people and give someone the benefit of the doubt.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. lauraS

lauraS Fapstronaut

what does look like a moll mean?

3. You missed my post. You should install Grammarly :emoji_laughing:

MLMVSS likes this.
  4. lauraS

lauraS Fapstronaut

we must have posted at the exact same time :p

MLMVSS likes this.
  5. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Hah, it’s used here often enough :p

I just mentioned this because I’m sure there will be someone throwing out the Bigot accusation simply over what I believe, and also what I’ve witnessed in my life due to me taking such feelings to my advantage as a teen (which was, of course, dumb of me).

6. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

It’s a word for a prostitute/s**t or someone with low standards

7. lauraS

lauraS Fapstronaut

does grammerly work for other languages or just english? laura x

8. At the moment it's just English.

I've never seen it. Is there a secret place on the forum where all the AUS & NZ members talk in slang? :emoji_laughing:

MLMVSS likes this.
  9. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Haha, if there is one, then I certainly didn’t get the memo!

10. I disagree that those are equivalent. Everybody wants to be with someone who is attractive to them, and everybody is going to notice when someone is attractive, men and women alike. That's completely normal and natural, and people shouldn't be shamed for that.

If you're talking about leering in a gross way, men are absolutely shamed for that, mostly by women, but still. On the flip side, gold diggers aren't always shamed either. I'm sure plenty of women gossip with their gal pals about their husbands money and nobody bats an eye.

I think both being a good digger and being a gross pervert are frowned upon in society, so I don't really see your point here.

MLMVSS likes this.
  11. No. Even women like people who are attractive to them. It's a natural instinct to be attracted to people who look good. Genetically and physique-wise

12. Honestly, the more I reflect on this statement, the more strange I find it.....
    Why in earth would you be in favor if men being "shamed" for noticing a cute girl? You didn't say anything about harassment or being gross. You simply said that their eyes look the girl up and down briefly, and you seem to be upset that men aren't shamed for this more. That seems insane to me. It's human nature. If I see a hot guy, I'm gonna do a double take, and I won't feel guilty about it for one second. It doesn't mean I'm being gross or objectifying. I'm just noticing something that looks nice and enjoying a second look. There's nothing wrong with that, if it doesn't turn to lust. People are beautiful, and we have eyes to see that beauty. Trying to stop ourselves from noticing that someone is attractive seems silly to me. You shouldn't feel guilty or be shamed for thinking someone is attractive and wanting to look at them or flirt with them.

TheNewestCreation likes this.
  13. splinter

splinter Fapstronaut

its not a typicall nofap day without mlmvss crying about political correctness to hide the closemindedness beliefs. so you wont friend people because they dont dress like a puritain or a nun?

TheGoldenEra likes this.
  14. TheGoldenEra

TheGoldenEra Distinguished Fapstronaut

Ahh man this comment had me stitches! Good one Bro! ;D

15. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Perhaps I’m more outspoken. I’ll admit that. But I also wanted to point out that just because I set standards for myself doesn’t mean I hate people who don’t have those same standards.

I believe people have a choice on what to wear. Nudity’s the only exception, however: cover your arse and cover the vital areas like a normal person because I also believe in common decency. At the same time, I’m not puritanical when it does come to nudity, but it shouldn’t be at an easily-accessed area without warnings either.

I also believe I never mentioned anything about not befriending people. I’m talking about finding a girlfriend, because when I’m planning on living with a person 24/7 for the rest of my life, I deserve to be picky about what I want. Marriage is tough enough as it is, but if neither party wants to conform to the standards of the other, it’s in dangerous territory.

But when it comes to friends, of course I won’t be stingy. Just because they don’t follow my standards of clothing, doesn’t mean they are immoral or they have nothing to offer me. In fact, one of my mates is a girl who wears short shorts that barely cover her arse, yet she helped me heaps with issues during the past few years.

Moon Shot, Jennica, NZT 48 and 2 others like this.
  16. lauraS

lauraS Fapstronaut

i get kinda creeped out when a guy is staring at me, worse is when i look back and they avert there eyes. it makes them look soooo suspicious. i dont think we should be treated as objects; its so disheartening. i also dont like when a guy just walks up to me and starts talking to me, its horrible and i get really scared, i guess i just need my personal space. laura x

TheGoldenEra likes this.
  17. lauraS

lauraS Fapstronaut

100% agree.

TheGoldenEra likes this.
  18. Someone looking at you is not treating you as an object. People look at other people all the time.

19. Dont go outside.

20. TheGoldenEra

TheGoldenEra Distinguished Fapstronaut

In her defense she did say when guys stare. not look. I mean if someone stared at you, surely you'd feel creeped out, I defo do.

My guy @Fehr looool hahaha :emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

Jennica, lauraS and TheNewestCreation like this.