Can women tell if you like them

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Moogie, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Moogie

Moogie Fapstronaut

Even if you try to hard not to show you like them?

2. Sometimes. Depends on a million factors really.

3. Moogie

Moogie Fapstronaut

She invited me to see her Saturday. Talked to her for 40 minutes on the phone today

Still don't know why she needs to be armed with a gun.

4. MasturbatieAtelier

MasturbatieAtelier Fapstronaut

Why would you not show that you like her? You know she will put you in friendzone if you don't, right?

Also, try not to get shot.

5. DBug

DBug Fapstronaut

In my experience they always know but we are all different (duh).

6. overclocked

overclocked Fapstronaut

Most women assume that every man likes them.

7. MasturbatieAtelier

MasturbatieAtelier Fapstronaut

I don't think that is true. Many women I have met, are really insecure. And they can't seem to believe that somebody would be genuinely interested in them.

8. Moogie

Moogie Fapstronaut

I don't think the frind zone works that way. But I sure she knows I like her. They say you should never tell a woman you like her because it puts all the pressure on her.

I don't want her to think I am needy. But I am very needy. Everytime she rubs her hands over me it feels like I am on fire.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  9. I am a woman and I can confirm that this is crazy! I don't know who told you that or what they were smoking, but that's insane. You should always tell them you like them. Always! Otherwise they will never know for sure and eventually, if you don't step up and tell them, they're gonna go find someone who will. Women love and need to be affirmed. More importantly, she can't read your mind. She might think you like her, but she won't know unless you tell her. So never telling her is a terrible plan.

Keys, razz, Namekian23 and 5 others like this.
  10. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    You're not needy, when you tell a woman you like her. You're just honest and make yourself vulnerable with this. This is the opposite of being needy.

11. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf Fapstronaut

I guess it depends on where you're from. Up here where I am, most women walk around with what's colloquially referred to as RBF (look that one up) and will treat you as a potential rapist unless you visibly have money or the looks of a prime Brad Pitt.

DBug likes this.
  12. shrike

shrike Fapstronaut

As far as I understand, when interacting with males, women will almost always subconsciously "perceive" something, but not all of them are gifted with the capability of understanding it.

I agree with what @StepsReborn said though. If there's someone you like, you really should say it to her directly.

DBug and StepsReborn like this.
  13. - Ω -

- Ω - Guest

Life's too short, just tell her. If she says she doesn't feel the same then respect her decision and proceed from there. If you two are spending time together and enjoying each other's company, then she knows on some level that you like her. Whether this is a bond of friendship or of a romantic nature is something you will have to make known; she isn't a mind reader.

razz likes this.
  14. Jilloy

Jilloy Guest

Depends on the individual, it is no gender-trait.

idclip likes this.
  15. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

I can smell here Mark Manson :D, but in any case I fully agree with you.
    This is the stupidest thing I read today. Absolutely incorrect.

16. The Tick

The Tick Guest

Does a circus bear shit in captivity?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2016
    DBug likes this.
  17. volt2187

volt2187 Guest

From my experience, yes most do, but it depends on how you come across in how they perceive your feelings towards them. Are you overly showing that you like her (throwing her tons of compliments, agreeing with everything she says, basically appearing needy)? If so they pick this up fast and they'll usually put you in the friend zone or move on from you completely.

Also from experience, it's best to tell them after you've built some connection between the two of you if you're going to tell them at all. From everything I've read it seems best to make your intentions towards her known by physical touch. Friends don't rub each other's legs and make-out. Show her through physical touch that you're interested and she'll let you know quickly where she stands with you. Telling her instead of letting the tension build up through touch appears weaker and show's you're less confident instead of just going up and kissing her when the moment is there. Plus going up to her and kissing her after tension and rapport is built shows your a confident man who goes after what he wants in life, which at the moment is her.

This is also very true if you don't go the physical escalation route. The worst thing you can do is to drag something out without letting your intentions known. What's worse, telling her that you like her and getting rejected, or not telling her and then seeing her move onto another guy? I guarantee when you see her making out with another guy you'd feel crushed if you never told her how you feel.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2016
  18. Yes, Moogie! Putting that binder in front of your crotch isn't fooling anyone. :p

19. Wildcard

Wildcard Fapstronaut

Married for 2.5 years now and while I still know very little about women.. I've learned that this is 100% accurate. If you ever go on a date with a girl and don't kiss her, she will usually thing you don't like her. Women need words of affirmation, tell her you think she is beautiful (not hot, sexy or fine), tell her why she is beautiful and be honest about what you like about her... then kiss her. If its not a date, don't be afraid of physical touch as others have said, your hand on her leg when she makes a joke and you're laughing.. anything that will show you aren't there to be a friend, but something more.

Its been said, but worth repeating.. LIFE IS TOO SHORT to not do what you want to do.. don't play games, if you want it.. go get it. In this case.. tell her how you feel before she decides for herself.

razz, DBug and StepsReborn like this.
  20. Jilloy

Jilloy Guest

I don't believe ALL women have a desperate need for attention and affirmation. And honestly nowdays many girls get told so often on facebook etc. that the are pretty that they don't really care anymore.

Also the more often you compliment a girl (and people in general) the less they will value it.

Think about it like this: If you tell a girl every single day you love her, after a week or two, or maybe a monnth she will think it's a matter of course that you tell that to her and don't value it as much. But if you only tell her stuff from time to time she will remember it better, value it more, and respect your compliments.

We don't really respect things in general we believe to be given. for example. 50 years ago TVs were the utmost luxus and many people dreamed of it. Nowadays everyone has one and it's nothing really special anymore. Because it's common and a given.

Make sure your words and actions are not always common and a given. Do give compliments but never to often.

Also, I personally, could never lead a relationship with a clingy girl who wants/needs my affirmation every time she sees me.