1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Chepica11

Hey guys, I'm new here and trying to get started. I'm a current BYU student and I've been home from my mission a little more than a year and a half. I had problems with PMO before my mission, but got clean and didn't have any issues while there. Since home though, I've gradually been falling back into it more and more as I've dealt with things like anxiety and depression, and I notice its worse after break-ups with girls I date. I've spoken with 2 of my YSA bishops, and both of them have played it off like it's no big deal ("keep taking the Sacrament, keep going to the temple"). I trust their keys, but how do I balance wanting to change and improve with not being too hard on myself? I don't want any of this to be in my life anymore and I see all the negatives. Tips? Quotes from the brethren about how bad it is? Quotes for inspiration?
Thanks so much!
JarCart more_vert
JarCart
I think a quote from President Hinckley fits this quite well, "Try a little harder to be a little better."

Progress can seem difficult, and at times seem like you're not making any, but we can all try a little harder, stand a little taller, and be a little more in small ways each day, and eventually great things will come to pass.
vxlccm, Jefe Rojo and Marsmaster like this.