Probably the Best Article on Marriage or Relationships You'll Ever Read!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Wasn't sure if this should be in the off topic section. I think it's about self improvement so I've posted here

I've read a number of books, articles and listen to a number of sermons/talks on relationships and I think this is the best ever.

It's called 1,500 People Give the Relationship Advice You'll Ever Need
    And here's the link: https://markmanson.net/relationship-advice

The thing that makes it great is that it has the advice of those who've been successful in their relationship, and those who haven't. Those who've been successful explain what they did right and those who haven't talk about what went wrong.

Here's a good quote from the article:
    After reading the article, the advise that stuck with me (more than anything else) is only be with someone because you really like them. Don't be with someone for the wrong reasons
    Wrong reasons include:
    Pressure from friends and family (to be in a relationship).
    Feeling like a “loser” because you're single and you settle for the first person that comes along.
    Being together for image — because the relationship looked good on paper (or in photos), not because you actually admired the person you're with.
    Being young and naive and hopelessly in love and thinking that love will solve everything.
    Using the love of someone else to soothe your own emotional problems.

Anyway if one day you would like to be in a lasting relationship read the article. If you're married or in a serious relationship it might be beneficial as well. It takes about 25-30 minutes to read the whole thing but I think it's worth the read.

Aiyoshi, MrPrince and rebootnog like this.