1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Suicidal thoughts

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Jairjimenez4

Jairjimenez4 Fapstronaut

In the hard moments is when really we can see of what we are made bro, saludos from Colombia.
    Never forget, you dont are only, we are a family.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Headspace has some good programmes that might help you. I'm doing the one on self-esteem.

Also this video:

3. joarev85

joarev85 Fapstronaut

I know the feeling.

4. Toomuchh

Toomuchh Fapstronaut

Hey man, I used to have similar thoughts. That it'd be so much easier to not be alive. To sleep and never wake up. Just so tired of life I wanted to give up. I just wanted to quit life and dream.

At some point I realized it was me escaping my problems. Instead of dealing with problems and finding solutions I would have these thoughts. Because it's easier to think about things then to actually do things. I was never really suicidal, but I would think that it might be better if I wasn't alive. I think this mentality was one of the reasons pmo was a problem for me in my life. The problems in my life weren't impossible to solve, just difficult. It would take time and hardwork that my brain wasn't used to it. It found it imposing and just wanted a quick fix. So it tried to by pass the whole thing and look for the easy way out. (just don't live)

But the good news is the brain is very adaptable. When I started to do nofap, this kind of thinking really amplified for awhile, but eventually it passed. I don't think about these things anymore. It was just hard to resist pmo during this time, and I won't lie I relapsed a few times before I could get over that hump. But eventually I got through that phase and I think something in my brain changed.

So keep doing you, building good habits and getting rid of bad ones. I know its easier to do things when you have motivation. That's why its important to build discipline for the days you don't have the motivation. Your feelings constantly change, so don't let them control your life.

I hope my story helped. You sound pretty self aware and able to think critically. I have faith you will get past this.

5. I hope all is going well for you man things will get better

6. Ilovesemen

Ilovesemen Fapstronaut

I really think the worst thing you can do is to talk with the therapist about your problems, you only make the problem bigger when you focus on that.
    you know what is the problem in fact you tell us about your problem in this thread you dont need someone to remind you your problem.
    start focus on the solution and act on it and your life will change i promise you.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. I tend to agree with that... Sometimes talking about things all you do is relive them and Make it more frustrating

8. Ilovesemen

Ilovesemen Fapstronaut

"seek and ye shall find" you focus on the negative ideas and you analyze them to understand more but it dosen't make any good you aren't solving the problem you only find more negative ideas and it keeps growing untill you start to focus on the polar oposite of the problem (solution) and the the postivie idea will grow and then all of a sudden the problem will be gone. I suggest you to really think about what I am saying and then go to a new postive way man!
    Everything will be better if you start focus on postive ! goodluck man

9. Life's weird. Circumstances have a way of making or breaking you.
    Event+reaction=outcome

Only you can control one of those. Not easy. Not even a little.