1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[14-CHALLENGE] THE FOURTEEN DAYS CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Aug 30, 2017.

Do you want to participate?

1. Yes

2. No, probably later

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 5 days done. Keeping focused on the goal!

I Will Survive likes this.
  2. Batman15441

Batman15441 Fapstronaut

Back to 0. Bad day

I Will Survive likes this.
  3. FrenchOliver

FrenchOliver Fapstronaut

4. I Will Survive

I Will Survive Fapstronaut

Day 1.5
    I will try my best. The worst is probably over now, since I was really sad and a bit depressed today, which is common on first days.
    Today I'll meditate before sleep.

franed98 and Tonytone like this.
  5. Sorry buddy, hang in there. Just get back up and try again.

Tonytone likes this.
  6. Sodawatt

Sodawatt Fapstronaut

7. ContinueFight

ContinueFight Fapstronaut

came here after completing the 7 days challenge
    I'm in: day 0/14!

8. Legault

Legault Fapstronaut

Day 6/14. Desire laid very low today, so I was grateful for that.

9. Dreams are becoming quite vivid every night. I wake up earlier with lots more energy. Generally feeling like a man. This nofap really works.

10. JoePineapples

JoePineapples Fapstronaut

11. Tonytone

Tonytone Fapstronaut

Never stop trying! You can do this!!

12. K-Arctic

K-Arctic Fapstronaut

6/14: was out whole of yesterday and day before.. no time to even think about P. so was a good day.. :)

13. 1 wk and 3 days done. No edging no edging no edging!!!! Time to get up.

14. Narasan

Narasan Fapstronaut

Day 4/14 done. Feeling very proud and confident! However, day 5 and 6 are around the corner again which are usually the days in which I fail. Does anyone have tips for me how to get through them?

Freeman82 likes this.
  15. No.1 don't be afraid. You're a man. You were born for this!
    No.2 what are your triggers?

16. Narasan

Narasan Fapstronaut

Thanks.
    My triggers usually are sexual thoughts and when suddenly sex scenes appear while watching a movie. Not that I fap to them, but it sets my mind in a different mood or somehow.

17. Yeah those images can really change and darken our mindset. Maybe don't watch any movies for the next few days?

I noticed from reading posts and others in the 'success stories' forum. The tips are very consistent: daily exercise, good thought patterns, cold showers, good diet, low alcohol, prayer/meditation, no edging.

But I've just realised that it takes some time to incorporate all these things into you daily routine. For my first attempt at no PMO all I did was keep my tablet outside my bedroom. That brought some success but I eventually relapsed. Then I started taking cold showers. A while later I noticed that alcohol was causing me to relapse so I cut that out too. And finally I got to no edging and more prayer/meditation. The next things I need to start doing are more regular exercise and occasional fasting.

The main point is that each time I relapsed it wasn't a complete failure. It was just a signal that it was time to incorporate one new positive healthy element into my daily routine. I've probably started doing one new thing per month, and it's only now that I'm reaping the rewards of that slow and steady improvement.

To use a soccer analogy, the result of winning/losing isn't as important as the gradual improvement of how well the team is playing. If I'm playing 5/10, that will be good enough to not PMO on regular days but not for the really hard or stressful day. So I need to up my game to the next level.

Being free of PMO is the cumulative result of many little things. In the long run focusing on the process of how I am living each day is more effective than asking the question 'did I fap today or not'. The counter is just a reflection of how effective your routine is, not how good or bad you are as a person

Just keep improving your process bit by bit. And the rest will look after itself