1 day and Intro (Journal)

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by rebooter121, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Hello,

I just wanted to introduce myself at the end of my first 24 hour period no PMO. I am 23 years old and have been trying to kick this thing for a while. Grew up with P (since age 11 or 12), but have never been comfortable using it. Partly religious views, partly just something I feel deep down. I've been going a month long stint without P then falling back into a two day binge for about 2 years now (except one 7 month period).

PM is inconsistent with the person I know I am. I am sensitive, self-controlled and strong-willed. I think it's sad how many kids lives are negatively effected by PM, not to mention myself.

The longest I've gone without PM is 7 months about 5 months ago, but I think there might have been one or two p-subs in there before I knew what that was. For me P-subbing was instagram and snapchat and I have deleted those for some months already.

I am currently living in a different country than my girlfriend of 4 1/2 years. I've been away from her for about two months and I've only managed a PMO period of 2 weeks in that period of time so far. Now I have found the Fapstranauts and I am very optimistic and inspired by other people's posts on here. My goal is to do no PMO for 50 days until I see my girlfriend and to completely kick P for life.

Another layer of this situation is that my girlfriend doesn't have the same views on P as I do, which I am not comfortable with (it used to make me angry at myself and trigger me to relapse). She hasn't told me how much she uses it, but she occasionally admits that she uses it and she doesn't seem to think negatively of it. I think she has been socialized that way by her friends. Anyway, we have lived long distance for a while now so it's not in place of being with me, I believe.

Nevertheless, I love her and we make each other extremely happy. I believe she can change before marriage in this regard. Otherwise, unfortunately it will not work out --I want to have a vibrant love life for the rest of my life with one woman and P doesn't fit into that image whatsoever (therefore I must also kick it before I tie the knot probably four years from now). In the meantime I am accepting that I cannot change other people except myself. The serenity prayer version which I found on this forum is helping me a lot with that.

I am so happy to have found this resource to help me along. Even though the grounds for my habit change are religious/spiritual, I really like the secular nature of this website. It helps me to focus not on the shame, but the life-enhancing possibilities of kicking PM.

Let's enjoy this journey together!

2. Hello and welcome! :)

We are glad to have you as a part of our community. Here are some quick links to get you started.

Getting Started Guide | How to Use the NoFap Forums | Panic Button | Day Counter | Rebooting Resources | Forum Rules | Glossary

If you wish to keep a journal of your progress you can do so in the appropriate section found here

You can also take part in one of the many challenges available. It can be a tremendous help. Challenges

Also, there are groups you can also join if you wish to do so. You can browse through them here. Groups

There are plenty of wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable people here to help you along on your journey to a life free of PMO. I wish you nothing but the best!

rebooter121 likes this.
  3. Hi rebooter121, welcome to the forum!

You've done 7 months before without P, I'm sure you can do 50 days and longer!

I also feel like the true version of myself is different from the version of me using PM. As a PA I lied, had little self-control or motivation. I definitely feel much more at peace with myself since I have stopped.

I hope you can change things for yourself and for your girlfriend. I know it must be challenging knowing that she has different views on P to you. I think it would be good to sit down with her and talk about how you view P and how you want to change. You're right that you can't change her but maybe you can ask for a show of solidarity whilst you try to quit.

I hope to see you around the forum. Keep a journal and write in it regularly. Good luck with your journey!

rebooter121 likes this.
  4. I really appreciate the support. It is helping me so much knowing that there are other people with similar experiences, thoughts and beliefs to me. I will definitely sit down with my girlfriend and tell her about my addiction and ask for a show of solidarity. Great advice.

See you around. Let's do this!

JamesTheSquirrel likes this.
  5. Wapsas, thanks you for your kind words. Thanks for helping me see the bright side of things and confirming James' advice. Good luck with your journey!