1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Vitamins & Minerals

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by Deleted Account, Nov 4, 2019.

1. As a part of self-improvement, it can be important to take vitamin/mineral tablets. Even though an RDA weight or quantity is given for most of the vitamins and minerals, sometimes it is alright to take above the RDA as long as it is well within a good safety margin the maximum tolerable dose. This may vary depending on sex, age, body type and health status of individuals (which includes pregnancy). Needless to say that it is always advisable to get an expert opinion if in doubt. If you have a health condition or you are pregnant please approach supplements with caution and if one feels that supplements are necessary then please seek the advice of a nutritionist or any other appropriate type of health professional.

I have been taking vitamins/mineral on and off during various times in my life which have been patchy. I started taking my vitamins/minerals consistently since 2014 where I took several different types of vitamins/minerals and used a pill organizer to keep the different tablets. For some, when the tablets in are in the bottles there can be inconsistency as to how often one takes them. As for me, having a tablet box helped me to make sure that I took what I liked to take every single day. It may take some time to organize the tablets in the different small boxes in the set, but when that is sorted the rest becomes very easy. I did have some hiatuses too, but my key to being consistent with taking daily tablets was to get several tablet boxes.

Here are the RDA and maximum tolerable doses of the different vitamins and minerals based on information from sources. I have tried to list here as much as possible even though this is not an exhaustive list. I hope to add more to the list with time and please do contribute by mentioning any vitamins or minerals or any other kind of micronutrient and give their RDA doses if possible. Doses have been given for adults (i.e those who are older than 19 years of age).

RDA = Recommended Daily Allowance
    TUIL = Tolerable Upper Intake Level
    F = Females
    M = Males
    mcg = micrograms
    mg = milligrams
    IU - international units
    SE - side effects

VITAMINS
    • VITAMIN A
      • RDA - F 700 mcg (2300 IU), M 900 mcg (3000 IU)
      • TUIL - 3000 mcg (10 000 IU) (> 3x RDA)
    • VITAMIN D
      • RDA - 15 mcg (600 IU) (> 70yrs 20mcg (800 IU))
      • TUIL - 100 MCG (4 000 IU) (> 6x RDA)
    • VITAMIN E
      • RDA - 15 mg (22.4 IU)
      • TUIL - 1 000 mg (1 500 IU) (> 66x RDA)
    • VITAMIN B COMPLEX
    • VITAMIN B1 (THIAMINE)
      • RDA - F 1.1 mg, M 1.2 mg
      • TUIL - not confirmed, no SE even at 50 mg (> 41x RDA)
    • VITAMIN B2 (RIBOFLAVIN)
      • RDA - F 1.1 mg, M 1.3 mg
      • TUIL - not confirmed, no SE even at 400 mg (> 307x RDA)
    • VITAMIN B3 (NIACIN)
      • RDA - F 14 mg, M 16 mg
      • TUIL - 35 mg (> 2x RDA)*
    • VITAMIN B5 (PANTOTHENIC ACID)
      • RDA - 5 mg
      • TUIL - not confirmed
    • VITAMIN B6 (PYRIDOXINE)
      • RDA - 1.3 mg (> 51yrs F 1.5 mg, M 1.7 mg)
      • TUIL - 100 mg (> 58x RDA)
    • VITAMIN B7 (BIOTIN)
      • RDA - 30 mcg
      • TUIL - not confirmed, no significant SE even at 10 mg (10 000 mcg) (> 333x RDA)
    • VITAMIN B9 (FOLATE)
      • RDA - 200 mcg
      • TUIL - 1 000 mcg (> 5x RDA)
    • VITAMIN B12 (COBALAMINS)
      • RDA - 2.4 mcg
      • TUIL - not confirmed
    • VITAMIN C
      • RDA - F 75 mg, M 90 mg
      • TUIL - 2 000 mg (> 22x RDA)
    • VITAMIN K
      • RDA - F 90 mcg, M 120 mcg
      • TUIL - not confirmed
    MINERALS
    • CALCIUM
      • RDA - 1 000 mg
      • TUIL - 2 500 mg (> 2x RDA)
    • MAGNESIUM
      • RDA - F 310 mg, M 400 mg
      • TUIL - can go beyond 500 mg
    • IRON
      • RDA - 8 mg (F adults who menstruate 18 mg)
      • TUIL - 45 mg (> 5x RDA)
    • ZINC
      • RDA - F 8 mg, M 11 mg
      • TUIL - 40 mg (> 3x RDA)
    • COPPER
      • RDA - 900 mcg
      • TUIL - 10 000 mcg (> 11x RDA)
    • MANGANESE
      • RDA - F 1.8 mg, M 2.3 mg
      • TUIL - 11 mg (> 4x RDA)
    • SELENIUM
      • RDA - 55 mcg
      • TUIL - 400 mcg (> 7x RDA)
    • CHROMIUM
      • RDA - F 25 mcg, M 35 mcg
      • TUIL - not confirmed
    • MOLYBDENUM
      • RDA - 45 mcg
      • TUIL - 2 000 mcg (> 44x RDA)
    • IODINE
      • RDA - 150 mcg
      • TUIL - 1 100 mcg (> 7x RDA)
    * unpleasant, rather than a toxic, side effect

REFERENCES / SOURCES:
    VITAMINS

MINERALS

2. If anyone feels like they like to add any names of ingredients or supplements then please comment here.

3. Spartan Shibz

Spartan Shibz Fapstronaut

I appreciate your post.

I can recommend this brand with tremendous confidence: xtend-life, based in New Zealand.

I've been using there flag ship product Total Balance and Omega 3 for a couple of years now. Its a quantum leap above everything on the market.

Paranimmita likes this.
  4. Any other suggestions please do add here in this section.

5. Spartan Shibz

Spartan Shibz Fapstronaut

6. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

I am not confinced. The whole market of medicine is one of the greatest most profit markets in the world. Is the best medecine still not excersing and eating healty..?

Paranimmita likes this.
  7. Of course, if one can get it by diet alone then this is best. But this is just an alternative option.

ItsSeal likes this.
  8. selfimprovement8008

selfimprovement8008 Fapstronaut

5 percent nutriton and the product that is the supreme fix to relapses or any test boostre is the liver and organ defender it helps and works too man I cant emphasize it enough the gleaming eyes filled with the alpha glow not kidding

Paranimmita likes this.
  9. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

TWO SCOOPS

10. VirilitySupreme1776

VirilitySupreme1776 Fapstronaut

Great info from you OP. Although those recommendations don't mean a lot if you are not absorbing the vitamins you eat (or take with supplements).

Some people are poor methylators for example, and need the Methyl-B12 form of B12 to correct a deficiency.

Paranimmita likes this.
  11. Yes I also like to educate myself on this more. I hope I am not one of them, but in case I was maybe I would have got a deficiency by now so I may be not.

Also more than 500 days is superb! Thats awesome!