1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Julito

Julito Fapstronaut

2. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

My counselor asked me when I brought up my last relapse into PM: "What were you thinking when you started to lapse?" It will help you to determine what thoughts trigger you if you answer this question for yourself.

Do you focus on what you want to do with your life currently and going for goals, rather than only what you do not want to do (PM)? I recently started to do this, so we will see how much it helps me this time around.

Admittedly, I am only on day two. I am still an orc, but maybe I have given some advice that helps you.

RiseToGreatness likes this.
  3. Bart31

Bart31 Fapstronaut

4. Day 14: Will finally be back up to a Hobbit tomorrow.

5. mak2504

mak2504 Fapstronaut

Relapsed Again. Day 2 again. I don't know whats happening

DudeAlex and RiseToGreatness like this.
  6. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

stay well brother!! All the best :)

7. RiseToGreatness

oh i understand, yeah, that happens, because prostate is solid sealed now without masturbation, sometimes semen leaks out but it´s residual. It´s more like a temporary breach in the dam ;). No problem.

8. RiseToGreatness

i think that both levels should run at the same time.

- On one level we should focus on what we don´t want: recall that we´re addicts on recovery, revise our excuses to pmo (and answers to it), recall the rewards we´ll get when we reboot, check in with AP´s, etc. This is what i call the "daily reboot work."

- On the other level we should focus on what we actually want our lifes to be. so create new habits, better habits, stay occupied, work on our goals, dreams, etc. Craft our lifes to be a masterpiece. don´t wait for nofap start making effect, we must start now working on our lifes. In the end nofap will only reinforce that new better life ;)

9. RiseToGreatness

the first weeks are always terrible. see if you can change your system in some way. revise your triggers system. and try to gain awareness how the relapse begins and if your mindset is 100% commited to nofap. these are some hints that can help you to get to the root of the problem.

mak2504 and Gorgewalker like this.
  10. RiseToGreatness

One more day of walking my brothers.

For those who feel lost i´m with you and i was there 2 years ago, the exact same rock botton. And i say to you, you can do it. Believe in yourself. You can do it. And remember the mindset "i´m gonna reboot or die" - this is the mindset that it´s needed. 100% commitment, 99% is not enough. We got to deal this as if it´s cancer, because this addiction will never stop. Never.

We break free from this, or this thing break us apart. There´s no middle point.

FellowCompanion likes this.
  11. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

12. FellowCompanion

FellowCompanion Fapstronaut

Greetings,
    I'm here to join your adventure.
    Count me in!
    :emoji_crossed_swords:

13. Gorgewalker

Gorgewalker Fapstronaut

3 Days. Lots of urges, not giving in today.

@RiseToGreatness you are totally right about the commitment, but I've been wondering how you cultivate that mindset 100% of the time? I find it easy to "say" I'm 100% committed when I have no urges, but when cravings kick in the commitment seems to crumble. A lot of the time I feel I'm surviving urges on motivation, which is a recipe for disaster since motivation only lasts so long. It really feels as if I have two brains, one begging me to use and one begging me not to use.

14. rotten_tomato

rotten_tomato Fapstronaut

Day 4
    I hope everyone is doing great!

15. t8031t

t8031t Fapstronaut

Day 3
    Feeling dull, trying intermittent fasting,

ORC
    THE LORD OF THE RINGS CHALLENGE. +++++I got be the dancer to dance,

[​IMG]

16. mak2504

mak2504 Fapstronaut

Day 3 check in

17. Day 9

As I expected, the girl that I confessed to a week ago never responded. I deleted Instagram today. I thank the people who gave me the idea of deleting Instagram. Who else deleted Instagram because of pmo reasons?

18. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Yes, Instagram is bad and full of temptations. I find it is often a p-sub, and I deleted it because it was often a trigger.

19. Bihari

Bihari Fapstronaut

20. aggressiveturtle

aggressiveturtle Fapstronaut

Day 4 done. I’m so fucking depressed. The fact that I’ve never been in a relationship before is weighing down so heavily on me. Fucking hate everything.