1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How many of you have divorced parents ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by embodiment of luck, Jun 11, 2020.

1. embodiment of luck

embodiment of luck Fapstronaut

I wonder how often I see people who have divorced parents and if there view on family have change. I want to know how many of you are dissatisfied with situation like I am.

2. Muphy

Muphy Fapstronaut

People are dissatisfied with everything I guess. I have parents and loving ones.. and I am dissatisfied with them.
    Yesterday night itself I was thinking that why there is so much unliking (not hatred) in my heart for them. Why they dont understand what I want to do and all..

then I have a friend who lost his mother at 6 and brother at 22, and he is working at same position as I am, and sometimes it struck my mind that he has reached till here because he doesn't had parents and father didn't cared much, he married the girl he loved (from other religion). what if he had his mother and brother and happy family and he wouldn't be allowed to do what he wanted... so is he luckier than me without parents or I am luckier than him that I got parents.

I think from his side he would be thinking that he would give up his job and all money for a mother who could have been there with him during the whole life..

The same reason I think, when we see someone rich and we give a thought that he is lucky he has everything but at this position he would be thinking what do i do with all this money I wish I had some close friends to share things.

Its all in our minds I think.. we all are dissatisfied with our lives.
    Actually we have been taught to be worried about something or other.
    Nowhere we have been taught that how to stay happy, how to acquire happiness and patience in life, how to balance things out and give less trouble to our minds. how to remain happy with what we have and how to appreciate the things we have.

World appear different from different sides.

3. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

My parents divorced back when I was like 8 or 9. It was never a big deal to me tbh. I was more bothered by when my mom moved to an apartment that was too small for four kids, one of which was at her brattiest age, than I was by the actual divorce. My parents never fought in my precence and they get along well and I got to see both of them a lot, so it was always difficult for me to relate to people who feel like the divorce of their parents was some huge trauma. Like I understand that it's different for them and respect that, but my experience was just soo different.

Muphy and Taylor25 like this.
  4. embodiment of luck

embodiment of luck Fapstronaut

I agree that the loss of a loved one is a difficult situation and it is most a terrible thing that can happen to you. But I think most of us who have experienced divorce can say it was life changing moment. In my opinion this kind of event is problematic for children. People who break up for selfish reasons and I am not referring to people who have experienced some kind of violence while they were married, but to the couples who cheat, and want to have fun are not doing anyone favor. If this trend continue future generations will not have example of a good community.

Muphy and Taylor25 like this.
  5. JackWhite88

JackWhite88 Fapstronaut

My have divorced when I was 12 years old

embodiment of luck likes this.
  6. My parents got divorced when I was either 4 or 5 years old and my mom broke with my dad (who I live with for the rest of my rest) because she found someone wealthy.

MONEY DON'T GIVE YOU HAPPINESS.

embodiment of luck and d34dly like this.
  7. d34dly

d34dly Fapstronaut

Parents got divorced when I was 4/5 years old (long time ago), my mom left town, I grew up with my dad

embodiment of luck and Taylor25 like this.
  8. My parents got divorced when I was around the ages of 8 or 9. My father unfortunately was rarely involved in my life growing up. He missed birthdays, graduations etc I’ve also had the unfortunate experience of seeing him get physically abusive with my mom while I was pretending to be asleep at like the age of 11.

As I got older he tried to rekindle our relationship but I later realized he would only reach out to me when he needed money to “borrow”, which I’ve stopped lending. I haven’t spoken to my father in a a long time but whenever we do talk I try to keep it civil especially since he’s going through a lot of personal health issues. And at the end of the day, he’s still my father.

Honestly my family is unfortunately really dysfunctional and I hopefully can have a family of my own with a wife and kids. I hope to someday hopefully be the father that I wish I had growing up.

Taylor25 and embodiment of luck like this.