1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I met a girl. Should I go for it?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by DaSaltyPancake, Jul 20, 2020.

1. DaSaltyPancake

DaSaltyPancake Fapstronaut

So I met a girl the other day. She seems pretty cool. I've seen her before and thought she was cute but never acted on it. Yesterday I went out with some friends to a drive in movie and she work makeup and regular clothes for the first time and she looked drop-dead gorgeous. Like, no joke boys. One of the hottest girls I've ever seen.

We went to dinner with some friends and she talked to me a lot. Turns out we have the same political views--a major component for me. We even apparently share the same taste in candy-- SOUR PATCH KIDS FTW. Something about her body language and her voice made me feel like she was kinda into me too: strong eye contact, smiles at nothing, laughs at my ridiculously sub-par jokes, and we played Uno and she teased me repeatedly. She even whispered stuff to me that she didn't want other people to hear and mentioned that she broke up with her boyfriend. My only issue is that she broke up with him like 2 months ago and idk if it's too soon. Their relationship lasted 2 years.

What's strange is that about 15 minutes before leaving, she asked my friend to help her construct a message to her old boyfriend asking what they were. Apparently there's some lingering feelings. Also, when she left she gave everyone a hug but me. Was this some kind of test?

Also, if I do go for it, I don't know how things will go. Her boyfriend--from what I've heard-- was a large masculine football player. I'm not sure how I could compare. I'm just an average-sized, barely athletic dude who just happens to be somewhat witty and have a prestigious job for my age. Not too much to go on imo. So, what do you say boys...should I go for it??

2. Yes.

Stop imagining in advance all the reasons why this is not the right time, or you’re not good enough, or as desirable as her ex. There’s probably a defense mechanism here. That is, if you convince yourself that this is not the right time, or you’re the wrong guy for her, then you spare yourself the discomfort of putting yourself out there and risking rejection.

In other words, don’t overthink it. She’s a new acquaintance and it’s not like you’re messing with a long established friendship or someone like that. The two of you are enjoying your interactions so far, so why not see where that could lead? Just my take on it. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2020
  3. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Go for it! And don't forget to come back here and let us know how it went :)
    2 months is plenty long enough. She's comfortable enough being single that she didn't get with someone else after a week (which plenty of girls do). Two years sounds like a long time, but it was probably on the rocks a long time before they actually broke up. And it isn't your call whether she's ready to move on, it's hers. So make your move, ask her on a date, whatever. If she isn't ready yet, she'll tell you. And you lost nothing :)

Don't even think about what her ex was like, women don't always go for the 'obvious' guy anyway. She doesn't like him any more, so who cares. She likes you! Maybe?

4. Flaumann

Flaumann Fapstronaut

Don't agree. You need much more time to get over a 2-year-relationship.
    However, why don't you just get to know her and see where it all leads. Don't rush anything but don't be too cautious either.

5. No! It's pretty normal tbh. She may have known them longer than you, hence she didn't hug you cuz you are the new kid. Or any other explanation might do as well.
    You can't. Nobody can win in a comparison game. So it's useless to even try.

My advice... do whatever feels normal and okay to you. (Don't push it and don't back down either.) In other words behave like yourself and you would be doing the best choice in the matter.

6. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

Yo man be careful.
    Don’t fall for it so soon.
    My experience is that girls are tricky.
    It’s just timepass for many.

But only you can decide what’s best.
    All of us giving advice don’t know what kind of background, intentions the girls in your area have, more particularly, what kind of views that girl has!
    Be sure that you know what her views are!

However saying that you’ll go along well just because you have common political views is kinda risky, yeah?

All the best, be smart.