1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

Day 9 complete.

Yesterday was tough. Thoughts of temptation stuck in my mind most of the second half of the day. I started to seek things out and fought against it. White knuckled it all day basically which is not how to deal with this but I'm learning. I've realize through talking with my wife last night that I've been believing a lie (or two) for most of my life. I've always been convinced that I as a man do not have the capacity to succeed. I don't have the ability to see things through to completion, and I don't have the strength to do anything significant, but that I'm destined for mediocrity. I've always felt as if there's a ceiling above me that I am unable to break through, that I've already reached my peak and I'm "finished" and nothing more can be done.

I know that this is a lie I'm being told by the enemy so as to hold me back from my potential. God has revealed this to me through my conversations with my wife and I am now looking for ways to combat that lie with the truth of God's word. I know that I am not destined for failure, I'm not "finished" already. There's work to be done and plenty of strength to do it with (though the strength is not my own). I will not believe the lie and I will train my mind to reject it every time I hear it said to me. Wish me luck fellowship.

2. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

It's not luck but applied faith that you need and it's your job to see whatever you want to accomplish as an already accomplished.One of the best definitions of success is -You are success if you know what you want to accomplish and you do something every single day for its achievement. So are you a success(by this definition)?
    The best purpose in life can come out of the prayer 'Our Father'- Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
    Find out His will for you and have courage to carry it out. This way your life will be far from mediocrity and will have the most profound meaning.

3. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

Day 79. My mind feels clear today as a busy week is wrapping up. I am adjusting my mindset to aim past the 90-day no PMO mark so that I do not become complacent. I think I will start making honest attempts at dating soon and begin establishing a healthy sex life. I am hesitant to try online dating but the pandemic has not left me with many options.

4. bmcmanansmith

bmcmanansmith Fapstronaut

3 days done. Today was bloody difficult. There were countless times when I thought to myself about relapsing. But I didn't. The last few days I've started meditating and taking cold showers again. It's almost like I'm Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. When I'm Dr Jekyll I refuse to even consider relapsing and am dead certain that I won't watch P or relapse. Then sometimes I am Mr Hyde, and I don't even care about going back to day 0, all I want is to relapse and I don't realise what I'm doing until it is too late. I just have to get through those small Mr Hyde moments in every day and then I can destroy this ring once and for all

5. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

I hear you brother! Perseverance is what will get you through this and it will! the more you do, the more you try, the more the opportunities appear. Have faith in the process, persevere and you will see things that you haven't been able to see until now. In the other terms, this has the name of "Learned helplessness": A situation (due to various factors) in which people come to believe that they are unable to control or change the situation, so they do not try — even when opportunities for change become available. So let me tell you right now perseverance is key and the results will appear!

6. rotten_tomato

rotten_tomato Fapstronaut

7. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Join us over at the Peaceful Warrior Challenge!

You're absolutely right. I am going to practice listening to my inner voice that alerts me right when I start treading down a path that I would rather not

8. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

Day 108!
    I've started being productive again! It's true, not as productive as I wanted or planned, but 1 it's better than 0 so I guess that today I was better than I was yesterday, which is always a good thing.
    How is your journey going these days?

9. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Day 1,

Back at it and staying active today. Class and a homework push tonight. Depending on how much I get done I may jumprope tonight since practically speaking to commit time to a run would be a poor decision. Yesterday's massage has me feeling sore and healthy today!

We take one step at a time towards our long term goals. The important thing is to never stop.

Thank you for the support Fellowship!

10. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

11. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

I totally want to learn to juggle now too. Great idea!

12. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Day 182.

Unconscious thoughts are an aberration. They tell nothing of what is happening at the present moment. No one is helpless. Many brothers have shared countless acts to take when in the depths of your fantasies. Remember them and use them, otherwise they have no value.

Peace to all.

13. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

14. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

15. archie.hill

archie.hill Fapstronaut

16. Ruhns9593

Ruhns9593 Fapstronaut

My Uruk Hai was struck down by an arrow from a Rider of Faphan.

I set forth in the world once more as an Orc

17. bob200

bob200 Fapstronaut

I've bee doing meditations using an app called HEADSPACE, and the guy behind it made a Tad talk that just made me want to pick up jagiling immediately.

great talk and great app