1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. i89rt5

i89rt5 Fapstronaut

Day 7 check in
    Today I have 12 hrs work shift til 7:30p, so it's unlikely I will act out

I was able to make Day 6 (yesterday) a non-pmo day.

One day at a time

2. _Imperial0x47

_Imperial0x47 Fapstronaut

Checking in
    Current war in War Mode NoFap Game is about to end. If you are interested, check my signature.

3. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 4

It's been some time! My ex and I ended our relationship about a month ago - really sent me into the dumps as well as a PMO binge, but realised it's time to pick myself back up again and rejoin the fight.

I've got a long road ahead, but it's a journey that I have to see the end of.

4. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Thank you brother!

Thank you mate! As our brother RiseToGreatness explained, it's short for post acute withdrawal. There is a thread on this forum where people are going through withdrawals for up to 2 years. I have certain stressors that trigger them at times, although they are so much less potent than before.
    Thank you brother!

Thank you brother, yes you are correct. This job is not what I want from life, I'm on a mission to clean up the mess that I did over the last 3 years. This includes going back to school and changing the path that I wanted to pursue. I like your explanation of sedative, as its exactly that. Even more so, the sedative ends up working against you over time. It's no longer enough to cover what you are running from and it increases your stress/anxiety/depression. In this case sadly, I feel as I caused a mini-burnout over the last week, I tried to push myself at a job I dislike. There is good news though, I slept a lot over the last 2 days and am feeling much better. I've taken an extra day off to help put things in perspective. Thank you for your insight brother !

5. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

6. Zapy97

Zapy97 Fapstronaut

7. Squiddy

Squiddy Fapstronaut

8. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

98 days, trod on!

9. Confronting my procrastination and at the same time trying to leave out all my bad habits - suddenly abstaining from p and m seems easy :D

Although I'm stressed (and I'm still evading the pressure and procrastinate) I feel so much hope when I think about the Journey. I know this hope could die soon when I do the ugly thing again. But maybe, just maybe there's a chance.
    If I imagine myself going through this whole challenge and gaining the ridiculous title of a white wizzard (I mean it's cool and all but from a real life perspective ...), well, IF I achieve that, I would be clean for sooo long! I never never never stayed away from masturbation and sexual arousing material so long my whole adult life! Even before I was addicted. This would be totally new territory!! We talk so much about it here, but actually the only ones that really know how it is are those experienced brothers who already created their own success story.

10. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Open mind

Current streak:
    494 days no PMO, semen retention
    “If your mind is empty, it is always ready for anything; it is open to everything. In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities; in the expert's mind there are few!" Zen Mind, Begginer’s Mind- Shunryu Suzuki.

This streak has given me many lessons but one or the most important one is to be relaxed, open to the world to explore myself, to change and to adapt.
    I am more humble, I can learn from anybody. I respect everybody. No teaching is below me.
    I see there is good in every person. Now, I can give the benefit of the doubt when I meet someone or what other person is telling me, I don’t judge. This openness has made me more tolerant to others but not just that this has created a more flexible mind in all regards: I can study better, more memory. I can analyze people more easily, I can let go an argument, I don’t have to be always right, if I am wrong I accept it and learn from it. This way I have more energy because I don’t lose it unnecessarily fighting with the world, I am less angry and have more emotional control.

Conclusion: be open minded, don’t create rigid ideas about life. The more rigid you are the easier is for you to break.

11. path2virtue

path2virtue Fapstronaut

Hello brethren, I'm new to this challenge! By the grace of God I'm on a 12 day streak right now. Can't wait to be a hobbit in 2 more days!

12. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

13. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

14. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

15. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 6. Today was hard too but everything went find . I did my workout , finished some work and did some house chores. No urges, sometimes a little bit angry for my plans don’t going in the way I want but as I said at the end of the day everything went find. God bless you all brothers and sisters

rotten_tomato, HE^MAN, MS PBH and 7 others like this.
  16. _Imperial0x47

_Imperial0x47 Fapstronaut

Checking in

The war in War Mode NoFap Game will end in 24 hours. The next war will start without any delay. If you are interested, join now as you cannot join that war once the war starts

17. hakihitoro

hakihitoro Fapstronaut

Checking in Day 32,
    I feel really well, no urges whatsoever.

Keep going fellowship

rotten_tomato, HE^MAN, MS PBH and 8 others like this.
  18. Seeing 8 pages since I last posted here is never fun. Anyways, Day 5 is complete! I'm a battle-weary orc, certainly, but not so foul as a Nazgul.

Seriously, the urges tonight were intense. I'm very grateful to still be clean. If the choices are to misdirect my energy and fall, or to suffer through a pounding headache and not feel like doing anything, I'll take the latter.

St. Gregory the Great (my patron!), pray for us!

19. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut