1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Looking at your avatar is like talking to Arnold himself. He was my childhood hero. I will never forget his smug smile. If that's your hero, then there's no way you may fail on your journey.

2. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Checking in day 55. Quite productive day although somewhat sedentary and now I'm procrastinating on the last task of the day which looks to me too big whilst I already feel sleepy. What a blessing when you can accomplish something in 20 minutes!

3. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

With the right motivation 20 minutes is a lot of time. I once read that 80% of the tasks are done in the last 20% of the time left. Life is funny, but this situation happens to me a lot.

4. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

It's interesting how we tend to forget about death although everyday some 30-35k dies suddenly from heart disease or stroke. The rate is big and its a positive balance with 132k died and about 200k born for 70-100k of brethren more on the planet with every day 10 days 1million ,100 days 10 millions 365 days37millions more people on earth. If we would die today we would be in the company of 130k of other souls...
    There is a good reason to live every day as if it would be your last

5. JEBF

JEBF Fapstronaut

Checking in. Today has been good, but with some bad.
    Early in the morning after leaving my gym some random guy blocked me twice in traffic, after i found out he was messing with his phone while driving i got enraged but didn't acted out... almost made me crash because of a phone notification...
    Then i got home and another situation developed which made me angrier... Then i went mad into a rage of violence, started shouting some angry words and started punching tables and doors... I know this is sad stuff.

I apologized with my family and got back to normal. Completed all the tasks i needed and i'm done for the day.

No thoughts about P so far, makes me glad.

Strenght & Honor!

6. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Forrest Gump once said: "Sh*t happens". You can't avoid it.

7. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

8. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Sensei @Slider8 doesn't need to utter a word to convey something wise.

9. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Time to bed. Good night brothers! :)

10. LiveLifeInABetterWay

LiveLifeInABetterWay Fapstronaut

Hi there,
    Today was a good day. I am looking forward enjoying my weekend tomorrow. Trying to find out where the weather would be nice, I am motivated to walk or to bike for a longer distance. We will see. Today I finished day 9 and I am ready to come closer to become a Hobbit and start my journey to destroy the ring.

I hope you are doing well to. Otherwise feel welcome to write I might have some encouraging words.

Greetings
    J

11. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

12. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 10: Double Digits!

I have two weeks of solid webinars for my men's group coming up. That should help keep my motivation up.

I've been a bit sick but I'm not worried about it. It's not that bad and will pass soon.

13. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 7

Woke up very nervous once again about my upcoming sermon, but have been feeling increasingly encouraged as the day progressed.

I can feel myself and my life changing; NoFap has played a part in this, but as I increase my discipline with exercise, prayer, and eating/drinking habits I find myself becoming more like the man I’ve always hoped to be.

14. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Very nice, truth in it!

15. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

16. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 25 complete.

Doing good, no phishing. Still in isolation with my wife.

17. Reset. Day 0.

Getting through Day 8 has been a challenge for me in the past. I should have anticipated this and taken greater measures to keep myself clean, but I didn't. With help from my AP I got through two big waves of urges in the early afternoon and midafternoon, but it was the third wave right before dinner that cracked me. My emotions are mixed. I'm proud of myself for saying no to some strong urges for part of the day, but knowing that I could do it, that I did do it, makes me even angrier that I failed to continue that pattern and fight through all the urges. Ugh. It was such an awful feeling. I felt helpless; my whole body was shaking with the effort of trying to resist.

St. Josephine Bakhita, pray for us!

18. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

9 days
    I need to take a break from the fellowship. I love you guys and I love LOTR but I feel this is not the right place for me anymore.
    May all your wishes come true :emoji_heart:

19. Day 7

Getting incredible urge for some Lil Wayne!

From today I'll be engaging in
    (No sexual Thoughts/Fantasy/ Voluntary Self Arousal/ Viewing any Triggering content)

I will have to stay away from cocky music as well. If I don't follow these two, I'll end up relapsing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2022
  20. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Day 2. I'm so glad. Yesterday wasn't that bad. It wasn't superb either. I can't wait to score day 3. I'm so impatient with the progress.