1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. soggs1

soggs1 Fapstronaut

Day 13 almost hobbit again, time flies by

2. Mazda647

Mazda647 Fapstronaut

Dawn of the 11th day.

LuckyMan, Ready to Stop, Talz and 4 others like this.
  3. newbobido

newbobido Fapstronaut

Day 5

Not too bad.
    More job interviews, more stuff happening all over other areas in my life…
    This is the opposite of the time I was stuck paralyzed with covid.
    Went to the gym yesterday. Didn’t look at girls as much as I usually do, so that is an upgrade.

4. Anas778

Anas778 Fapstronaut

5. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Day 11 - Uruk-Hai, The Dark Tower Barad-Dûr

Still kicking it

This time i will succeed.

LuckyMan, Ready to Stop, Talz and 4 others like this.
  6. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Yeah, creating romance is great to channel sexual energy to the right place, and of course, boost the marriage ;). Good move!! :)

And congratulations brother, you´re a High-King now!!!

[​IMG]

7. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship!!

53 days no PM :emoji_muscle:

A bit tired today and foggy, i think a bit of withdrawal is upon me, so later on i will do a workout and take a cold shower ;). other than that, feeling good, small urges. doing all my reboot strategy.

Nothing more to add. Checking out Warriors!!

Here´s Will Smith response to the Sunday events. Honest statement of a person in the works, just like us.

"Violence in all of its forms is poisonous and destructive. My behavior at last night’s Academy Awards was unacceptable and inexcusable. Jokes at my expense are a part of the job, but a joke about Jada’s medical condition was too much for me to bear and I reacted emotionally.

I would like to publicly apologize to you, Chris. I was out of line and I was wrong. I am embarrassed and my actions were not indicative of the man I want to be. There is no place for violence in a world of love and kindness.

I would also like to apologize to the Academy, the producers of the show, all the attendees and everyone watching around the world. I would like to apologize to the Williams Family and my King Richard Family. I deeply regret that my behavior has stained what has been an otherwise gorgeous journey for all of us.

I am a work in progress.

Sincerely,

Will"

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
  8. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Day 236! Like I've said yesterday, I moved to another city, I'm living with a friend now! Really happy to be here. God is so good with us. So many gifts

Great job man!!!

9. stronaut2021

stronaut2021 Fapstronaut

Day 4

I am beginning to get a new grip again.

10. FantasticReport

FantasticReport Fapstronaut

13 days completed

It's my best streak since June 2019. And it's just starting.

11. Pudu123

Pudu123 Fapstronaut

@RiseToGreatness brother, I am new to this thread, I just started NoFap day 0, I will break the chains of the ring of PMO, AND BECOME THE WHITE WIZARD!

12. stronaut2021

stronaut2021 Fapstronaut

Not relapsing had enough importance for justifying a complete wipe out to get rid of all this stuff.

13. hakihitoro

hakihitoro Fapstronaut

14. hakihitoro

hakihitoro Fapstronaut

15. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 88

No urges towards PMO today, but I did experience significant temptation to begin flirting with a coworker. She’s a lovely person, and we get on well, but during a conversation I felt what I would consider to be an inappropriate urge to flirt with her.

Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t want to be vulgar or crude in my language with her, but I knew that my desire to flirt originated from sexual impulses and not romantic impulses. I didn’t flirt, but I’m a little annoyed that after all this time my brain is still acting like a caveman - then again, 88 days free from PMO after 11 years is nothing, so I should be patient.

16. SSS Vision

SSS Vision Fapstronaut

Checking in: had another wet dream last night, my second during this streak of no PMO. My wife and I noticed that after my previous wet dream, my neurochemical reaction was similar to the way my brain works after ejaculation during masturbation or intercourse, but to a significantly lesser degree. I became a little more irritable, a little less interested in others, and a lot less patient and empathetic with her for about ten days. It was maybe 30% as potent an effect as it has been after PMO or sex. So I think that level of impact is encouraging generally for me, though I would prefer to retain semen all the time and not just when I am conscious.

Both wet dreams were very different; the first was explicitly sexual (graphic like a simulation where I was experiencing it first person) and solely about my wife, while the second dream was very non-sexual and involved a pet sloth and a treehouse in some bizarre way. The first left me unsettled and empty, the second left me baffled. I am hopeful that this time I won't have the negative after effects--so far I'm not sure since I've just been working all day and am still stressed out overall with life.

I'll carry on regardless--thanks Fellowship!

17. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Day 7, trod on!

18. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

19. Day 7 complete!

I'm happy to report that I took myself seriously yesterday; no more of the fishing or anything like that today. Having a week under my belt is always a good feeling, but I'm ready to go so much farther. Engaging my intellect rather than just my emotions has been helpful when fighting urges: asking myself deliberate questions like: Why am I feeling this way, What do I really want here, What else can I do, What's a constructive and healthy way to channel this feeling?

@Ready to Stop Congratulations on 400 days! I'm impressed and a bit envious that you found time in a day to walk 13.9 miles! I have occasionally run that far, but running the distance doesn't take nearly as long.

St. John Vianney, pray for us!