Zero Weight Loss...

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Deleted Account, Aug 20, 2022.

1. Hey everyone, posting this because I am having issues with weight loss. Actually I am not seeing any progress at all and it's been 5 day's of working out this week. I'm actually above 180 today at 181 this morning. I'm not entirely sure what to do anymore. I started Insanity work out yesterday and saw a 2 pound drop. I'm at the point where I don't feel the need to exercise anymore if this is going to keep happening and the progress won't show.

I'm not sure if this is an effect from masturbation or does anybody have any tips? At this point I'm just about fed up.

I've taken steroids for health issues over the course of June and I hope it hasn't wrecked my stomach or Immune System.

2. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Weight loss takes time. Fluctuations over a few days, even five days, don't mean a thing. The 2 pounds you lost from one workout was sweat. Not proper weight loss.

Aim for 1-2 lbs a week for sustainable, healthy weight loss.

danielghbr and Mr. Monk like this.
  3. Sinbad

Sinbad Fapstronaut

work a little more, eat a little less.
    you'll get there.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
    danielghbr, oldsurfer and Mr. Monk like this.
  4. Have you just started working out after a long layoff or have you not worked out before? If either is the case here is an article that can explain what is happening...https://health.clevelandclinic.org/just-started-exercising-gaining-weight/

Also if you are weighing yourself every day, stop doing that because weight can fluctuate. At the most just do it one time per week, on the same day, at the same time (i.e. every Monday morning when you wake up). Otherwise you will drive yourself crazy worrying about that one number.

And don't ignore the other benefits of working out like feeling better, more confidence, better sleep, or clothes fitting better. These are all benefits that the scale can not calculate for you.

And props for doing Insanity. I used to do that workout and it is not easy at all. But Shaun T is probably still my favorite Beachbody trainer.

整列するおとこ likes this.
  5. I've done numerous work out programs from Beach Body actually even Asylum, Shaun is no joke when it comes to working out. lol

I have been exercising on my bike in the basement. Just did abs today.. I'll try and keep up the motivation and energy levels to work out. When I don't see any weight loss I just feel defeated.

6. Still no weight loss. Did a 45 minute bike ride yesterday I try and hit 350cal every single time or above.

7. kool kidd

kool kidd Fapstronaut

I am in the same boat as you. Over the past 3 weeks I have had a combined exercise total of 23 and a half hours (according to my fitness tracker app). I have talked to some people in the fitness community. They say it takes roughly 2 weeks to a month of continuous exercise to see any modest results. This is based off of just increasing fitness though, and doesn't include any dietary modifications.

That being said, most people in the healthcare field do say that a dietary change combined with increasing exercise is key to losing more weight quickly. Apparently, a study was done that found that people who used a food journal were more likely to lose weight than those who do not. Next week I plan on starting a food journal (really I'm just using the one I bought but almost never used). It might work in your best interest if you start too. See what works for you, you know.

8. the_correct_wolf

the_correct_wolf Fapstronaut

Are you just doing cardio? Because you’re not gonna lose weight. You need to build muscle. Lift weights.

9. InappropriateUsername

InappropriateUsername Fapstronaut

5 days of working out and no change??!

That’s a typo, right? B/c few people, if any, will see a change in 5 days. Unless they’re using Photoshop.

Weight loss is about nutrition and what you eat. The saying goes “80% in the kitchen, 20% in the gym.”

The 2lbs you lost doing Insanity (whatever the hell that is) is probably water weight.

If you’re trying to lose weight with exercise alone, it may take awhile. And don’t spend it doing nothing but cardio—waste of time. Concentrate on strength training—make it 80% of your workout time. The other 20% is cardio. And don’t forget to warm up and then stretch.

Wholesome Primus likes this.
  10. Nerevar

Nerevar Fapstronaut

You will not lose weight in 5 days. Too little time.

Also try to combie working out with diet.

It doesn't matter if you work out like crazy, if you still eat a lot you get no results.

11. Diet is the greatest factor in losing weight and should be focused on the most. You need to use more calories than you take in order to lose weight. As for exercise, you should mix cardio and resistance training for optimal health and progress. Speaking from experience, at one point I was doing running only, and while running strengthens the lower body it neglects the rest.

And it will still take a while. You have to remember you see your body every day, you will not notice changes [straight away] as it's a slow, gradual process. Adequate rest is also important, overworking yourself can lead to negative outcomes.

So do a proper warming up and cooling down, mix in some resistance training, check your dietary intake and adjust it accordingly, and give it some time.

12. ArtPoet21

ArtPoet21 Fapstronaut

Try out Intermittent Fasting with a keto, high on protein ( cut back on the carbs) diet.