Cycling Tongkat Ali?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by Rev2.0, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

I've been taking these "complex" capsules from Doublewood that combine tongkat ali with tribulus. Like many supplements I was told you need to cycle so I take them 2x a day Monday-Friday a.m., then don't take them again till Sunday night. Essentially 5 on 2 off. I've done this for a few months now. I'm thinking maybe I should go "off" for a full week now over the holidays when I'm off work and don't need to be as much on my game. Then start up again around New Years Eve back to 5 / 2. Any thoughts on that?

im_done likes this.
  2. oldgoat14

oldgoat14 Fapstronaut

Probably wouldn't hurt to keep tolerance down. I took 200mg daily for 8 months straight. They definitely raised my test levels(200-300s to low 500s), but my motivation crashed after stopping.

Mujahid21 and Nighttrain87 like this.
  3. Nighttrain87

Nighttrain87 Fapstronaut

What brand did you take and how long before you got your motivation back?

4. oldgoat14

oldgoat14 Fapstronaut

Nootropics depot 2% 200mg per day. Not sure on the motivation, was also taking ashwagandha and ecdysteroids. Dropped all three and Testosterone is back in 200s. Workouts aren't as good. Id definitely cycle them on a daily schedule (5on 2off or every other day) if I started them again.

5. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

Quick update: I'm entering Day 4 of the week long off cycle mentioned in my OP. This is coinciding with what is essentially turning into a deload week for my workouts (not necessarily by choice) so I can't really say what the effects have been there. Morning woods are less frequent and impressive. Libido seems to be about the same. Overall motivation likewise. Urges for other stimulants (alcohol, starches, sugars) have increased. I haven't noticed any changes to my mental/emotional state in general. I'm a pretty even keeled guy by nature and I don't take tongkat / tribulus for stress relief anyway so this isn't a big surprise.

I'll post again at the end of the off cycle and then again the middle of next week after I'm back on.

6. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

I finished my off week Saturday. (It's Wednesday today). Back on my regular dosage as of Sunday morning. Sunday into Monday I had strong overnight wood and woke up the horniest I've been in months. Today I did my first hard workout since going back on and frankly it was not one of my better sessions but there are some other factors that also likely contributed to that.

From what I'm experiencing I can definitely attest my body had built up a tolerance and it was time to give it a week off. Given that, I plan to go back to 5 days on 2 off for 3-4 weeks and then take a week off every 4th or 5th week. I think the effects will be better that way if I can live with the crappy workouts the 1st week back on.

7. florenciomix

florenciomix New Fapstronaut

Yes, your idea is quite good, and you should practice it. Indeed, the consumption of supplements is a good combination with cycling. Before, I didn't like to ride a bike, but when I started to change my life a little to consume supplements, I also started to ride a bike more. I had a bicycle that I kept in the garage, but now I ride my bicycle everywhere I need to. This way, I also avoid the traffic jams created in the city. Plus, I got bicycle insurance to feel much safer. My life has changed a lot for the better since I started leading an active lifestyle.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022