1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Checking in. Things are going better for me this week. Finally taken some action on a few things. I had a very long over due Dr appointment on Monday and have blood tests on Friday. I finally booked an eye test. And I joined the gym yesterday and managed to drag myself there this morning. Nutrition has been much better the last few days too.

All good on the PMO front. For me if my spiritual/prayer life is in order that is in order too.

2. StuartR

StuartR Fapstronaut

Day 6 checking in...... Been sleeping well, exercising regularly and often and with it getting some good social interaction. My gf has been very supportive esp during my more grumpy/moody (angry) moments but staying truthful and talking things through helps a lot. Really need to get some therapy going but it's pretty pricey even where I live.

Good luck everyone and stay strong! Thanks for sharing your stories/journey too and likes.... Reading other people's struggles helps to keep me focused

3. krazzer

krazzer Fapstronaut

Boom. 90 days.

I've been here before. Many times. I even made it to 180 days once and 150 days twice.

But this time feels different. I completely changed my life in the last 90 days. Going to bed early and getting up early, and starting the day with exercise. Cutting out video games. As long as I can keep doing this routine, I feel I can do it. And it's completely doable. Of course I will stray a bit inevitably, but as long as it's not too much and I remind myself to get back on track as soon as possible, I should be good. My life is no longer about selfish pleasure, but more about serving others and finding joy while doing it.

A few days back I really got off track with my routine, but just the thought alone of going back to it made me happy, I just want to be in this state now, instead of having to force myself into it.

artifact, Frassvelli, born3 and 3 others like this.
  4. Cody Dinh

Cody Dinh Fapstronaut

I'm heading to 28 days. It's crazy. My productivity is increasing and I've been learning so many skills since then. Keep moving guys!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Warren of fleabags

Warren of fleabags Fapstronaut

Checking in - keep pushing everyone.

artifact and born3 like this.
  6. Checking in, 6 days and feeling ok.

artifact likes this.
  7. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

Back to day 0….I think I need to get more sleep as tiredness is a real trigger for me:(

I was always told sexual desire peaked at about age 35 but never happened for me…. I wish it would as I am 54 now!:DAnyone find desire getting less with age?

artifact and StuartR like this.
  8. StuartR

StuartR Fapstronaut

Day 7 check in..... Seems pretty common that I get some wacky and pretty vivid dreams towards a week of being PMO. Some parts were pretty sexual in nature too and this morning it was a bit tougher to keep those kinds of thoughts at bay. However, having some company during the day and staying determined and keeping up with the exercise definitely helped.

Hope the rest of you are staying on track or keep the spirit going.

artifact and born3 like this.
  9. zeke1993

zeke1993 Fapstronaut

Feeling very depressed again. No urges.

StuartR likes this.
  10. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Hang in there friend. Take care and hope you pass through this soon.

artifact and StuartR like this.
  11. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

día 0
    Estoy triste porque otra vez caí..
    Estoy cansada de esto..
    Necesito cortar de raíz los pensamientos.
    Pienso q nada q me saldrá bien hasta q no venza este vicio

artifact, Hope23 and StuartR like this.
  12. StuartR

StuartR Fapstronaut

Please try not to dwell on when you 'fail'. I know from too many experiences that it doesn't help.... Being here and sharing with others is a big step in the right direction. Try to find things you can do to distract yourself from those thoughts when they occur....Getting outside and moving in some way and without your phone..... Even just a walk somewhere.

artifact, Hope23 and Keli like this.
  13. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Gracias por su consejo.
    Hoy no fui a caminar. Pero mañana lo haré.

artifact, Hope23 and StuartR like this.
  14. Hope23

Hope23 Fapstronaut

Yes, quite rightly says @StuartR. Don't give up, fight and don't let the beauty inside you be destroyed. May God help you and give you peace and joy in your heart.

artifact, StuartR and Keli like this.
  15. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Muchas gracias amigo por tus palabras y apoyo siempre

Hope23, artifact and StuartR like this.
  16. They say feeling intense emotions is part of what happens when you give up an addictive behavior. Self-acceptance is the key to getting through those moments. Not that I am a nofap wizard or anything myself.

born3, Hope23 and Keli like this.
  17. Not really... maybe a little. Desire comes in waves and is worst after a reset. Once I get a good streak going it can drop off to almost nothing for a while. And then another big wave will hit me and it's reset time again unless I'm feeling really determined to resist.

Martial likes this.
  18. Guys... please don't turn off your counters if you reset. Because then I won't know how many days you have and will have to drop you from the ranking.

Hope23 and Keli like this.
  19. Bradycardia... is that when the Brady Bunch does aerobics?

Low Tide High Tide likes this.
  20. @krazzer - Congrats on your 90 days as of yesterday! You are now a member of the prestigious 90 Day Hall of Achievement :emoji_trophy:. Nice job! :emoji_juggling::emoji_lifter::emoji_football::cool: