1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Si... es buena idea.
    Hoy por fin día 1
    Estuve un poco tentada pero no tanto como otros días

2. I've heard it compared to a rocket launching into space. Getting off the ground into the first week or so of the reboot takes a lot of willpower (rocket fuel) and can seem impossible. Then as gravity decreases maintaining the streak requires less effort and it becomes more of a psychological struggle than fighting biological urges. The urges will subside to almost nothing after about 7-10 days. But if, like me, you use PMO as a drug to escape reality and reduce stress, that is a much bigger challenge than resisting sexual urges. In times of temptation I remind myself that P and M are addictions, not biological necessities. That being said, I have not had much success for the last few years. It almost seems like I am sharing my body with another person who takes over sometimes, and there is not much I can do to stop it. My focus has been on self-acceptance and not condemning myself for my frequent slips. Although I would prefer to get a super-long streak going, it doesn't seem likely.

3. Warren of fleabags

Warren of fleabags Fapstronaut

Checking in at the middle of the week - we can do this, everyone

4. Gazan

Gazan Fapstronaut

Hi all. Checking in. I relapsed this morning so back to day 1.

artifact and ️Winchester like this.
  5. Checking in for today. Yesterday, I had dreams of pizza. I'll take that over the p dreams any day!

I have been thinking about what is being said regarding how long rebooting might take for some of us and I don't know, nor can I make an educated guess on that matter. I know for me this is a complete lifestyle change. PM and O (outside of marriage) is a no go for me for life. With that said, I typically don't see a need to count days...I only keep the counter because of the group rules. I'm currently trying to let go of any expectations on what rebooting/recovery "should" look like for my life. Surrendering everything.

Mara43, artifact and Keli like this.
  6. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

Checking in , urges at lowest , but currently facing challenges with productivity

Mara43, artifact and ️Winchester like this.
  7. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Midweek check in. All good on the PMO front. I have to take some action in other areas of life at the moment so glad my recovery is in a good place. In all honesty I just don't want a life of that bs anymore. There maybe slip ups or maybe not, in a way I don't care anymore because I know I am done with it. All that being said this is all just a gift of grace, I have to make sure that I connect to that source of life daily.

Mara43, artifact, Hope23 and 2 others like this.
  8. XnevertoolateX

XnevertoolateX Fapstronaut

Checking in, going strong.

I recently discovered Recovery Nation and the Recovery Workshop. I love the approach and guidance here. And I believe that I truly need it.
    I am going to incorporate the lessons into my journal and use this tool to define and rebuild my life and career.

I encourage you to take a look and see if it helps you. If so, feel free to reach out. I'd love to do it alongside someone else in a similar position and possibly reflect together or support one another.

God Bless and Godspeed.

9. Thanks for the info. I've never heard of Recovery Nation. You can read his book for free so I am going to start doing that. Thanks man. I appreciate it.

10. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Día 2.
    Con algunas tentaciones pero nada fuerte..
    Y con algunos errores en el trabajo.

Mara43, born3, artifact and 3 others like this.
  11. Warren of fleabags

Checking in - nearly at the end of the week!

Mara43, born3, artifact and 3 others like this.
  12. Hope23

Hope23 Fapstronaut

Congratulations on day 2!
    Continue with God's help and support!
    God's blessings to you and everyone else here and never give up to fight the good fight everyone!

13. Checking in for the day. It's a chilly morning and I'm feeling tired....looking forward to Friday! :cool:

I hope everyone in the group is doing well!

Mara43, born3, artifact and 2 others like this.
  14. XnevertoolateX

XnevertoolateX Fapstronaut

Today I hit 30 days since I started my nofap healing journey!
    Time for a little reflection...

My streak doesn't show it, but I did well this past month. Only a few slips and one true reset. I call that success.
    (All the more reason to break fixation on that streak number)
    I will say that I went full no PMO and even take care to change my focus when fantasizing, daydreaming, or perving over encounters or images of hot women. If there's something risque on tv, I'll full on turn away or change the channel. I'm that serious about it.

I do think that I've seen significant improvement in my headspace (reduced anxiety, depression, brain fog, irritability). I also seem to be slightly fitter and more muscular without additional effort.

No it's not easy, but its definitely worth the effort. Praise God.

More details in my latest journal entry. Feel free to take a look and comment!

15. BookNerd42

BookNerd42 Fapstronaut

Reset today thru peeking
    Brief but enough that I feel the need to be honest
    Definitely brought on by extreme fatigue and stress
    Upward again!

born3, artifact and ️Winchester like this.
  16. Another weekend looming, which puts me at risk for another slip. I have a filter program on my computer (Cold Turkey) that works pretty well but I've had it turned off for the last few months. Think I will set up a "Weekend White List" to limit my internet access. What a concept! I know it's not foolproof, but it will at least help to persuade me not to act on that temptation or triggering thought when it occurs.

17. Warren of fleabags

18. Gazan

Gazan Fapstronaut

Hi guys. I relapsed again today. It's getting out of control. Does anyone want to do the accountability partnership?

19. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Dia 3 casi 4 pero con ganas de caer en conversaciones que no debo.

Mara43, Hope23 and ️Winchester like this.
  20. Checking in for today.

Weather is sunny, I'm sober, and it's finally Friday! :D

@Keli great job on the three days! Keep in mind the cons of those conversations which hinder your recovery and which keep you from living a fulfilling life!

@Gazan sorry to hear about your relapse, but glad to see you kept yourself accountable by coming here!

Gazan, Mara43, Keli and 2 others like this.