1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I grow a beard?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Moogie, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Moogie

Moogie Fapstronaut

Almost everyone I work with has a beard. And they tell how much women like beards. Do women really like beards? I thinking of growing a light beard.

2. Women like men that are authentic and do not do things to appeal to others. I don't even think you should worry about what women like. If you want a beard have a beard. If you don't then don't. There will always be women that will like you. Not all women like the same looks. Some wants pretty boy and some wants manly men. But ultimately that is for one night stands, if you want relationship looks become less important.

I did shave my head to the shortest buzz cut and grow a big stubble recently. Like a week ago. I used to be clean shaven pretty boy. Now I look like I'm 35 or something. But I'm lucky to have perfect head shape, scull shape, hairline and yaw line for this bad ass Dominic Purcell's look. And it made me look older and like some kind of ex convict but hey, I actually FEEL more bad ass!

The thing with beards (or hair, clothing, tattoos, body shape, etc) is that they do not only change how other people perceive you but also how you perceive yourself. So in many cases getting a beard might get you more girls cos you feel more confidence, so you act it. But might have nothing to do with how girl perceives you.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2016
  3. IGY

IGY Guest

4. Alma1995

Alma1995 Fapstronaut

It depends on you. Would you like your looks with a beard? If yes, then go ahead. I personally don't grow a beard because it simply won't grow. But if you do, take care of it, you can do a lot of things with it.

5. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

I have a beard cause I literally can't be bothered shaving and can save a surprising amount of money every year by not buying shaving baldes for my razor.
    I just have a electric trimmer that cost the same amount as a pack of blades ahah

6. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

I'm just replying to this by saying why not grow a beard see how it looks but don't do it to attract women, that's doing it for the wrong reasons.
    I can only grow a chin beard so I'm growing the shit out of it as much as I can

7. I’ve always been fascinated by beards. I always wanted a beard while growing up because to me it was a symbol of rustic manliness. It also carries with it a certain dignity when it is well trimmed. And yes a lot of girls I know love beards. But don't grow a beard just for a girl. Just like you shouldn't be doing nofap for a girl. Do it for yourself.

ShotDunyun likes this.
  8. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

I have had a beard on & off since the start of 2015. I grew it to save money on razor blades. At the same time it makes me look a little older, more manly and keeps me warmer in winter.

9. You can always shave it off if you don't like it. ;)

But, you shouldn't do things just to mimic others. Do it because you want to.

10. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

I walk around with a scruffy full beard, scruffy jeans and a lumberjacket.
    Like a boss

11. traveller22

traveller22 Fapstronaut

Grow a beard if it makes you feel kick-ass or you just feel like a change.

I grew a sizeable one but shaved it off again, when the hot weather made me feel like I had a dead cat around my chops - my woman dug it, but digs me with stubble as well.

If only more chicks grew beards :)

T22.

12. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

Perfect! Thank you for spreading the word!

I agree with this. But I'm not going to lie to you, I'm sure that most women love a good beard. And by good I don't mean having a long beard, but one that fits your face and style. I've rocking a beard for 8 or 9 years now, with different styles and I just can't see myself without it, it gives me confidence, if that makes sense. I reccomend you to let it grow just for a couple of weeks, see how it makes you feel. Beard on brothers.

13. Kaleidogreen

Kaleidogreen New Fapstronaut

Well if that’s the norm in your working environment shouldn’t you be striving to be more different than your co-workers? Imagine everyone there in your workplace has a beard and you don’t you will clearly stand out. It may be a gateway to start a conversation. Beards make a guy look manly but it also makes them look old! How old are you? Some men are concern of aging being translated to their face and strive hard to appear younger.

Some men are concern of aging being translated to their face and strive hard to appear younger. Check out this article "How to Look Younger for Men" by Men's Axis. It deals with ways how an older man like me deals with the battle of aging. I personally am beardless and sometimes mistaken younger than my actual age.

Some men just don't care and translate having a beard as a sign of wisdom. Like what Esquire Magazine said in their article "Your Beard is Saying a lot more than you Think", and Buzzfeeds "23 Reasons Bearded Men are Better".

To each his own. I hope I helped you decide on your beard dilemma. Cheers!