1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A New form of temptation

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Hello everyone, I've gotten into my self another relationship with a beautiful girl. She and I started talking as usual until this feeling of lust attacks. I get a boner, every time I talk to her for some reason. It's not her because she doesn't say anything that will provoke me but the temptation of lust is powerful for some reason. Like I can't stop these temptations every time I talk to her; It's not her fault nor mine. I love her very much but I'm just confused on how to tackle this situation.

2. You are in control of your behavior. What does it matter how your body involuntarily reacts to the presence of an attractive woman? You do not need to act on that urge. Keep away from her physically, and you will do fine.

Soy and MikeisMedic_07 like this.
  3. G0ReadAB00k

G0ReadAB00k Fapstronaut

First of all, man, your confession here deserves to be celebrated. As men, it is never easy to admit where or when we are feeling weak. I want to honor your vulnerability and boldness to reach out and ask for help!

Jesus Himself has made it known to us that our spirits are willing to follow God's Word and the Holy Spirit's call, but our flesh is indeed weak, according to Matthew 26:41. But in that same verse, He tells us to watch and pray, so to not fall into temptation.

So I encourage you, friend, to reach out to the Lord. Confess to Him that you are feeling weak. Surrender control to Him, and ask Him to help you see this woman as HE sees her: like a daughter of the King. Dig into His Word. I can't express enough how important it is to consume God's Word regularly. The YouVersion Bible app is an excellent way to do this. It has dozens of devotional plans, many are specifically tailored for men like us dealing with the temptation of lust.

Feel free to reach out to me as well, if you'd like. More than happy to pray with you my man!

Soy, MikeisMedic_07 and Tao Jones like this.
  4. Thanks for the Support, Ill be sure to check out the app and submit my self before the Lord. Im so grateful for the community without it I dont know whom to share with.

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." - James 5:16

"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." - James 4:7

Soy and G0ReadAB00k like this.
  5. G0ReadAB00k

G0ReadAB00k Fapstronaut

Hey brother!

Just wanted to check in on you today - how have you been?

6. Hello, Ive not been doing well to be honest, Ive been in this like twilight zone. I dont have any answers, i don't know why I keep relapsing. Its really weird and i cannot get out of it.

7. Don't tell yourself lies.

You keep relapsing because you love PMO. You can get out of it, but you do not want to let it go right now.

You'll never get free until you get honest. As someone who has been exactly where you are, I know. If you need help, reach out!

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. G0ReadAB00k

G0ReadAB00k Fapstronaut

Well brother, if it makes you feel any better, I just messed up myself. Just threw 16 days down the toilet, and I'm really hurt and disappointed in myself. I want to apologize to you, because I know that I've been trying to encourage you lately, so I'm sorry for letting you down.

With that said, I'm not giving up. This only serves as a painful reminder that the lie of being satisfied after PMO is just that: a lie.