1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

An Unpopular Opinion.

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. Still don't see it please point out what you are talking about.

2. Yeah ok I understand. That is a tricky one: on the one hand it feels fairly draconian to force people to celebrate the 4th of July (or Paddy's day here, or something) but you do want some degree of integration as, in your case, Americans. What's the solution? I don't know really. Banning entire cultures from coming in seems too far. Hoping it corrects itself after a generation or two might seem too little.

I don't know my history well enough, but did the large immigrant populations (Irish, Italians, etc) integrate immediately or did they tend to view themselves as living in a foreign land for a while?

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  3. truthseeker17

truthseeker17 Fapstronaut

I as a muslim am a minority in today's world. Most Christians don't like me, (zionist)Jews hate me and atheists think I am some backwards idiot. I as a muslim have always been in minority and will probably stay even like this. I am the unpopular opinion.

I am the black sheep in my society. I am blamed for terrorism, murder, chaos, rape and almost every evil thing. I am in headlines almost every single day. My fault? Because I believe in Islam, the religion of peace. While it's this Islam that is keeping me away from bad company(to harm), that makes me want to contribute the best into my community. It's Islam that makes me see through the injustice done to me and still be a loving and caring person. The thing they are trying to attack and destroy is the same thing which is holding them safe from me. How can they not see it?

Islam is perfect but I am not. If so called muslims whom can't even pray properly or don't even have some basic knowlegde about Islam do something, It's the "Muslim did so and so ... " yet if the same Muslim achieves something great, we see "Young proffesional achieved this and this .. ". It's hypocrite, isn't it? Just like in any other nation or religion, we have good people and unfortunately bad people too. The same goes for Islam. We have good Muslims and not so good Muslims. Instead of you judging my religion based upon my actions, judge me upon my actions. And If you judge, Judge fairly.

It's a fact that we exist and the people need to find some sort of peace with it. You and I have always been living in peace. History doesn't lie, please study our history. We mean no harm at all, except to the injust and the cruel tyrants. We are your biggest protection against extremists like ISIS. You have the right to be against my religion, at least accept me as a human being. Humanity is the least thing in which you can believe in.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I think integration varied a lot depending on where in America they went to, since different areas have different histories with certain groups. Sooner or later they recognized themselves as as residents and citizens. I don't know how long other countries or other states have been taking refugees, but Minnesota started taking in Somali refugee in the 90s. Almost all the Muslim Minnesota residents are Somali refugee coo their children. Since somalis coming to the U.S. would come here as they're family members and friends had started making a community here. Imo after 20-25 years it feels awkward that there is virtually no integration. I wish the situation was different, but that's how things are right now.

5. That's cool.

The way I see the ISIS types, it's like they've decided to be evil and are looking in their Korans and Hadiths for anything that could be interpreted as justifying their evil.

It would be like me deciding to be evil and then taking inspiration from some evil Stephen King character in one of his books.

I don't know if that makes sense to you. If it doesn't please ignore it.

7. Just because people come to our country does not make them all believers in Islam you are assuming things. No contradiction, you are just misunderstanding what im writing. Also just because people who "call" themselves followers of Islam does not make them so, a huge portion of people are forced into it and live in fear.

Edit: Think cause of the way I write things it may be misunderstood more easily sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2017