1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Are two cold showers a day okay?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jun 12, 2020.

Tags:

Are two showers a day okay?

1. Absolutely not!

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Of course!

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  1. Well, for the past few days, I have been taking two cold showers a day - One after waking up and the other after working out. Are there any side effects? Or are there actually benefits?

[P.S. - I'm asking this because I read somewhere that more than one shower per day is bad for health.]

2. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

If the source that claimed it is bad doesn't give an explanation, then it isn't worth considering.

"Bad for you" without any explanation is never indicative the author understands what they are talking about, or qualifies for context. It sounds like a little kid talking. You are doing it after you work out so that is a specific context, after all you are probably sweaty.

3. They did say that it could rip off essential oils off the surface of the skin though. Yes, I'm sweaty as heck after I work out, and sweat does internally detoxify the body a little bit but then it can make bacteria multiply externally on the skin, and that's one of the reasons I shower right after a workout.

4. Farzium

Farzium Fapstronaut

If you need to take two showers because you sweat easily or stink even after taking one then please go and take a shower. You can do your first shower cold, and your second shower right in the middle temperature (not hot or cold).

5. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

I mean I wouldn't worry too much about it. Do you work out every day? Anyway it kind of depends on how far you want to take it. There's that one scientist that hasn't showered in years and he put together this probiotic spray or something right... If I wasn't working I might try that. Like "you want social distancing?" lol

6. Amphibian

Amphibian Fapstronaut

There is nothing wrong with it at all, aside perhaps of potentially using a lot of water.

But no, it's very healthy. I sometimes meditate under cold showers.

7. Two showers a day is fine.

8. pump20

pump20 Fapstronaut

The problem is we are wasting water that causes drought and up our water bill expense.

9. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

I'm not a professional, but pretty sure that's true. Not just with cold showers, but any showers really. Idk if there's any workaround or something, but I'll let you know if I find anything useful related to this.

10. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

So I'm assuming this:

https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/how-often-should-you-shower#bathing-tips

is your source. Seems like a legit article with good points. However do notice that when they recommend only showerin once a day max, they are referencing this source material:

https://www.aad.org/public/everyday-care/skin-care-basics/dry/hot-showers-damage-skin

I didn't watch the video, but deducing from the headline it appears to talk specificly about hot showers. There are also other sources, such as this:

https://www.herbaldynamicsbeauty.co...eauty/can-taking-cold-showers-improve-my-skin

that seem to suggest that cold showers and even warm showers are significantly easier on your skin than their hot counterparts. So it's safe to assume that the same recommendations don't apply here.

Now back to the original article. Did you also notice that they gave you extremely good advice on how to find out your own skin's boundaries by monitoring it's reactions to your showering habits? My final advice to you would be to try it out for yourself. If none of the symptoms mentioned in the article occur, I see no reason to change your ways.

11. marinad777

marinad777 New Fapstronaut

12. marinad777

marinad777 New Fapstronaut

13. Purity Power

Purity Power Fapstronaut

hot the morning
    cold before bed

14. RogerFM

RogerFM Fapstronaut

I only had benefits, I only take cold showers, as far as I know and I researched a lot there is absolutely zero problems, unless you have some specific healthy issue, hell, I can even say I'm beginning to enjoy them.