1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Becoming Masculine

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Average2Alpha, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Average2Alpha

Average2Alpha Fapstronaut

Recently i have been interested in masculinity and how today men are becoming less masculine. Society has given masculinity a bad name and men have repressed their true essense.

I myself have started nofap and and lifted weights for 3 months now. I feel a lot more confident and i am in more control of myself. There's still a long way to go and i'll keep working on it.

Like to hear thoughts of you guys.

2. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Eat onions, it increases your testosterone. I always ask for extra onions when I go to In N Out Burger.

Average2Alpha likes this.
  3. Piekasso

Piekasso New Fapstronaut

4. TheBarbarian

TheBarbarian Fapstronaut

Working a physical (and stressful) job has helped me. I have much better muscle definition and more confidence talking to females and angry customers.

Woodcutter74 likes this.
  5. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Join a local boxing gym.

6. going up

going up Fapstronaut

get some pine pollen on amazon.com. its a natural testosterone.

7. I also hope to focus more on my masculinity. I feel its a trait which is under threat from our current environment.

I hope to do more regular dynamic exercise and static exercise in gym. Hope to take up swimming. But most of all building muscle so I can confidently hold a woman in my arms effortlessly.

8. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Sure, you can raise your testosterone / get more muscles, but to me other things are more important.

Such as being able to handle pressure, responsibilities, consequences, conflict, tension, problems, pain, negative experiences, adversity, uncertainty, etc.

What's the point of all that muscle if you aren't able to make a quick decision to take risks and go for something you want?

What's the point of more testosterone if you aren't able to have the courage to go beyond your comfort zone, try something new that you're incompetent at, face something you're insecure about, and just generally do something that might not work?

What's the point of being a physically tough guy if you break down emotionally when things don't go your way in life?

I'm not saying you shouldn't exercise, but people place way too much importance on stereotypical and superficial aspects of what being masculine is all about.

I don't know when it has become such a normal thing for young men these days to take steroids, but I've been finding that out lately that apparently it's just something people do these days. These same men easily breakdown and throw a hissyfit in the face of adversity.

Masculinity is a mindset and an attitude. It's the way you carry yourself throughout your daily life. A better term for masculinity would be strength of character.

9. Masculinity and femininity is nothing but a script we're told to believe in.

10. Woodcutter74

Woodcutter74 Fapstronaut

For starters, I applaud you for working out the last three months, for it will improve every aspect of your life. So keep on doing it. However, that is not the only thing that makes a man masculine. Real manliness are men who are driven, have core values and a purpose in life. When a man betters himself for his own good and not for the sake of getting laid, he is more masculine. If he learns to be handy, manual a do it yourself guy, he is more masculine. When he is ambitious, has goals and wants to accomplish big things in life, he is masculine. And when he does all of this confident, embracing the unknown, without seeking validation from women, that is true masculinity. That is a brief summary of my thoughts.

Average2Alpha likes this.
  11. It is unfortunate that we live in a time where healthy masculinity has been so derided by modern culture. Generally speaking I would not look to the mainstream media or political environment to inspire your personal growth as a male nowadays.

The way to deal with this in my view is to take the responsibility yourself to cultivate your own (positive) male power - don't wait for someone to give you permission or encouragement, just do it. There are any number of ways work on this such as reading some good books on the subject, participating in challenging outdoor activities, finding role models in old movies, etc.