1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Being high risk and the Covid-19 virus

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Karlie34, Mar 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Karlie34

Karlie34 New Fapstronaut

To tell the truth I'm feeling scared of it, but doing what I can and staying home!!! I was just starting to like my new job and looked forward in going back to work!!

2. CI-MA

CI-MA Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Welcome to NoFap, the COVID 19 is significantly scary for people over 60 y.o., with a weak immune system. Young folks can stand it better. There is a lot of vain panic concerning the theme though. Should just wait, until spring and summer comes to all parts of northern hemisphere, including China. Then the disease is probably to simply dry out.

3. Karlie34

Karlie34 New Fapstronaut

Well I'm one of the high risk people! No I'm not over 65, I'm between 30-40 y.o. but I do have a weakened immune system, type 2 diabetic for 15 years and I have asthma! So basically I'm a triple threat to get sick because of those factors!!

4. Take the necessary measures and everything will be fine

onceaking likes this.
  5. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Take it one day at a time.

sketch-1585257543347.png 90657162_10156744556105723_5867124926351147008_n.jpg

Raven King and Azzure like this.
  6. CI-MA

CI-MA Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

BAFA03FB-1039-4E4D-AB56-B42B59E6CE36.jpeg From the post above I agree with the point saying we should “remember that the size of the news coverage may not equal the size of the threat”.
    Viruses [sic, pl. virae] have been around the world even before mankind began to travel (i.e. move around) for significant distances. The only good news about COVID-19 is that once a young person not within the risk group has stood it through, it gives them immunity for several months. Being a creative common, I wove a 3D-model of a single virus core, thinking much about the reason of all multimedia offensive. It was made from synthetic ropes of two kinds and colors. I assert you, mere looking at it won’t affect any chance of infection, it’s not actually viral. You may take a look at the photograph of the 3D-model and thank God you ain’t caught it in real life!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Ghost in the Shell likes this.
  7. Hmm. Okay, first my background. I provide direct care to COVID-19 positive patient in a critical care setting, as an HCP, and have treated patients who have died.

My tips: just because you are young is not an “out”, it is climbing down the tree of ages now (my direct observation with a little data behind it), so take it seriously. Anything you touch in public spaces my be contaminated, so wash your hands and don’t touch your face/eat suspicious things. Wear a mask, stay AT LEAST six feet away from others. Watch shows! We are in it together.

8. ahighertruth

ahighertruth Fapstronaut

Our lockdown is only until April 13th. Im hoping it doesn't get extended because the economy will turn to shit, and honestly its depressing to be at home especially when you don't have your life figured out yet. I somehow blame Trump for not getting things under control sooner, we have known about this disease for 3 months, but only know taking serious measures. My prayers go out to all the people affected, but I don't think extending the lockdown or keeping people from their jobs is good overall for humanity.

9. My dumb a$$ is working. Our workplace sent out an email asking us to practice social distancing at work.. o_O oh and I can’t forget the $20 Walmart gift card we received too.. lol jokes aside a part of me is thankful that I still have my job because I know A LOT of people got laid off but I also don’t know if my health is worth risking for it.. and yes my avatar is a selfie before my shift at work

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  10. You can call yourself lucky, in here(northern Italy) there's a fight to find masks since we ran out of them :)

Anyway I agree with the photo of @onceaking focus on what you can do about the virus, respect the rules, avoid people that clearly does not respect them and so on, keep safe :)

11. Sorry to hear that, be safe!! Sending you good vibes.

fg4795 likes this.
  12. Thanks man, don't worry, it was just for being grateful to something :)
    Anyway it's cool to meet another man who put the face :)