1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Blocking YouTube videos of certain channels (on PC)

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Hadrian3, May 4, 2021.

1. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

How can I prevent myself from accessing all videos of some certain channels? I don't wanna block the YouTube website because I use its tutorials, etc. But some other contents of YouTube distracts me.

I already blocked the channels' main page. But I still can access the videos by searching! I want a tool to block the videos of certain channels.

I use Opera and Chrome browser (Windows 10). I assume I should use a Chrome extension (which probably works on the Opera browser too).

palindromo likes this.
  2. Download Cold Turkey Blocker: getcoldturkey.com
    You can block everything on youtube.com with the exception of certain videos and channels that you would like to view (the URL for the pages should be added to the Website Exceptions List). It may be a bit time consuming this way but it makes sure all of the other content on youtube is blocked.

The other way you could do this with Cold Turkey is just block any youtube searching by adding youtube.com/results?*search_query=* the astrix means that every URL with search_query is blocked and on youtube that means you can't search for anything while the block is on.

If you don't want to use Cold Turkey see if this is possible with the block you are using right now

palindromo and Hadrian3 like this.
  3. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

Thank you.

I use another blocker which is able to block urls. I can add the url of certain searchs and it will be blocked. But I think blocking the channels' videos at once is great if possible. I mean having an option in which if you choose the channel X, all videos of channel X would be inaccessible. Blocking search can be bypassed. Ex. I can use google search.

I hear there is an option in the YouTube profile in which you can make a blacklist. Maybe I can use it to add those channels and then block the options page url in order to prevent changing the setting. But I can use the incognito mode and bypass this too! I need a better way. :confused:

palindromo likes this.
  4. Oh ya.. I forgot to consider how the rest of your internet is set up. I block searching for google and all of the other browsers at the same time so this is why I never thought of bypassing youtube search with google search
    I don't know how to block all youtube videos of a certain channel without blocking the rest of youtube with it..

Hadrian3 and palindromo like this.
  5. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

Try Pluckeye , the last version has very strict restrictions about youtube.
    What you said is possible with Pluck, but you have to make the right configurations, it is a bit complex to use

https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/pluckeye.300403/

Hadrian3 and xXsinnerXx like this.