1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Caffeine: The Silent Killer of Success

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Adjoint, Sep 9, 2014.

1. TheGambler

TheGambler Fapstronaut

To me its like a debilitating fear of taking actions that produce discomfort bc of past "failure". More commonly just feeling sorry for myself. It's something I think most people feel but those with a more depressive personality more often.

Angus McGyver likes this.
  2. TheGambler

TheGambler Fapstronaut

Wow I just noticed this has over 13k views, must be an indicator of a common problem among sexual deviants haha.

3. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

It simply means feeling sorry for yourself (and wanting others to pity you) and blame all of your shortcomings, circumstances and situations on anyone and anything but yourself.
    Example: "I am feelings so worthless and useless because this and that happened to me and therefore, everything is just shite and I can absolutely do nothing about it. It is their fault I am feeling the way I do so it's them who have to better themself, not me"

It frees you entirely from all forms of responsibility and action on your behalf. Therefore, it prevents you from growing as a person while you are simultaneously slowly sinking down the abyss where depression and various sorts of self-destructive behavior awaits. All self-improvement starts with yourself, not others and if the people you know are holding you back (out of envy, jealousy, etc), you simply reject them and continue on living your life, not theirs.
    It baffles me how so many people keep their destructive and loser childhood-friends simply because they have been friends since childhood and are too afraid of calling them out and leave them on the spot (even if it means breaking free and moving onto something better).

4. Ajar

Ajar Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Even if you think about it scientifically it's a CNS stimulant. Also a toxin plants use to deter predators from eating its leaves...so...unless you're treating a disease, whenever is that a good thing?

5. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

The most toxic people out there feel and live self-pity for most of their awaken time and are a pain and burden to almost everyone they get in touch with. It has become such an ingrained part of their personalities that they feel trapped and unable to escape it because that means giving up a huge part of themselves. As they give up a large part of their personality, it automatically leads to ransacking themselves which is just too painful and probably the biggest reason for why they never abandon their self-pity mentality.
    Those people can be sensed hundreds of yards away since their negative vibes slice through the air like a sharp spear. Hence the reason for why I am staying away from them as much as possible.

I know it might sound blunt but I know what it's like to be one of those people since I have been there myself. That process of scrutinizing yourself, your past failures (which you laid the ground for yourself), your own mental attitude and scarcity mindset is a very tough one but ultimately what's needed if you want to break free from that painful and self-destructive mindset which is ruining your life.

Optimum Fortitude likes this.
  6. TheGoldenBoy#7

TheGoldenBoy#7 New Fapstronaut

Cortisol Goes up after you consume Caffeine, Adrenaline Goes up after you run or exercise as an Endorphin. If you see a Tiger your body would Crank up CORTISOL then you'll run away thus your body would bring up ADRENALINE and that ADRENALINE bring the CORTISOL down so what happens if you don "run away from the tiger" aka Exercise, you will still have cortisol in your system therefore only adrenaline can bring down cortisol. "The Tiger will kill you if yiu dont run".

7. SoberGuy

SoberGuy Fapstronaut

I'm almost sure caffeine played its role on my P addiction. After i noticed that i was consuming too much, i stopped to drink coffee and started to take less doses of ot (i still drink many zero sugar sodas that have caffeine) and i'm feeling improvements. Definitely i should be totally aware about that substance.

Linerider and Hpy like this.