1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can I really do this?

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Somerunner, Aug 23, 2018.

I'm a keen amateur runner. Will abstinence have a positive impact on my stamina and endurance?

1. Yes, absolutely

100.0%
  2. No, unrelated

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Somerunner

Somerunner Fapstronaut

Hi, I'm 40 years old and after a serious binge last week I'm now at day 4 of abstinence from MO and PMO. I really want to do this. I've set myself an ambitious target of 90 days as I figured that is a long enough period of time to truly reap the benefits and readjust my brain.

The reasons for doing this are linked to ED which is having a real negative impact on my marriage and the confidence of my wife. But also depression, guilt, tiredness and a lack of focus and appreciation for life and others. I now recognise all of this as serious side effects of MO and PMO.

My only concern is, it's all I've known. Following early sexual abuse I've been on an escalating spiral of MO since the age of 7 and graduated to serious and ever more extreme PMO throughout my adult life. It's all I've known, it's been my stress relief too, rather like cigarettes used to be.

So, any advice and support appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  2. JoePineapples

JoePineapples Fapstronaut

So, I take it you are now an ex-smoker?
    Be an ex-fapper.
    Don't let your past define your future.
    Can you really do this? Of course.
    Will you? Up to you my friend. But if you choose to, there are a ton of useful resources on here, and lots of support.
    Best of luck on your journey.

As to the running question, I don't know. I'm not a big believer in the "superpowers" some speak of. But I don't see it making a negative impact. Why not start a journsl, log your progress, and share your experiences?

Somerunner likes this.