1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Classical music

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Js5, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Js5

Js5 Fapstronaut

I'm a music lover and to loosely label my preference, rock is still my favorite. However, classical music has proven to me to be incredibly soothing, relaxing and de-stresses. There are also studies that it literally helps with healing processes for ill people. While I don't think it's miraculous, it is incredible how much listening to it 30 mins. in the morning or any part of the day helps me to be calm. It quiets the urges and stressful feelings for me. It isn't just taking care of the urges but also helps with other life frustrations, anxieties and even anger. I've heard that jazz can have the same effect.

Anyways, I highly recommend "Pieces in a Modern Style" by William Orbit. There are two volumes of that. The first is better to me. Also, you can just go to Youtube, Spotify, etc. and look up classical or relaxing classical.

2. domeboro

domeboro Fapstronaut

3. The Eleven

The Eleven Fapstronaut

I'm a professional rock musician and I listen to almost nothing other than classical music when I'm not playing with my band.

Sailor93 likes this.
  4. smokie

smokie Fapstronaut

Beethoven is great too

5. Js5

Js5 Fapstronaut

Have any recommendations?

6. Js5

Js5 Fapstronaut

Thanks!

7. I recommend the Six Sonatas for violin by Bach.

8. Yes classical music is relaxing and beautiful. I mainly listen to hip hop, soul, folk and indy but listening to classical is a great way to chillout.

I'm listening to the album Classic FM Classical Chillout 50 at this very moment. I do like the Classic FM compilations as well as the music of Hayley Westenra, Katherine Jenkins, Joshua Bell, Vannessa-Mae and Escala.

Henry Velazquez likes this.
  9. Henry Velazquez

Henry Velazquez Fapstronaut

What really chills me out is acoustic based music with high pitched vocals.

Dylan LeBlanc, Israel Nash, Tom Odell, Ben Howard, Beck ect...

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. I like Tori Amos when I want to calm down with music, particularly Night of Hunters or Scarlet's Walk. Not only is the music and vocal good but both records tell a story from beginning to end.

11. I was specifically talking about these pieces. They have this beauty that is unlike anything else ever written. You should check them out.

12. Username1021

Username1021 Fapstronaut

I've always had a strange preference towards Baroque music, especially Bach, to the extent that I don't really like other piece's of music. I'm not too sure why exactly, but they're the easiest pieces for me to understand. Especially like the Well-Tempered Clavier, the Goldberg Variations, and the Partitas.

13. Steve1453

Steve1453 Fapstronaut

14. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

music is spoiler .

15. Steve1453

Steve1453 Fapstronaut

I never tire of the Goldberg Variations, or the 48. There's a Naxos CD of a Russian pianist, whose name I can't remember, playing the Goldbergs, and it's wonderful.

Best wishes ...