Codependency and PA; gaslighting vs controlling

Discussion in 'Partner Support' started by need4realchg, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Queen_Of_Hearts_13

Queen_Of_Hearts_13 Fapstronaut

Omg yes those things I can definitely say I and lots of SOs have experienced.... we ask or they get caught and promise things will change only to continue lying and using.... that was one of the worst parts of my relationship was it was so bad then there were those moments where I was like This is why I stay and then its gone.... luckily we are out of that now but jeez it was bad when we were there.... lots of addicts use gaslighting to control their partners because they want their addiction yet they also want their partner.... this is why I always tell partners that they should never tolerate living with an Actice Addict.... a recovering addict is a much different story, but active addicts that are in denial.... that is a recipe for disaster and pain

2. MadWoman

MadWoman Fapstronaut

Humiliate my husband? Oh you poor dear. Is that what you got out of that? smh! context!

My sincerest apologies need4realchg. Your argument and discussion has plenty of merit. Thank you for sharing.

3. need4realchg

need4realchg Fapstronaut

Honestly, it's the most discussed thread I have ever started :) It's either a touchy subject, or a necessary one. Thank you for your contribution!

4. EyesWideOpen

EyesWideOpen Fapstronaut

LuxPerpetua likes this.
  5. nicename

nicename Fapstronaut

Why am I always in the mood to deny these sorts of things?