1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Quotes To Induce Mental Growth

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by plant goodness, Jul 18, 2017.

1. plant goodness

plant goodness Fapstronaut

Oh come on guys I said no more mercy, please don't cry. The quotes will certainly provide solutions but sometimes the harsh truth of reality must be faced before a solution becomes viable and desired.

I feel bad if someone is crying, so I'm going over the limit today.

2. plant goodness

“People undergo several sequential steps in maturing from infancy including childhood, adolescences, young adulthood, middle age, and old age. Each stage presents distinct challenges that require a person to amend how they think and act. The motive for seeking significant change in a person’s manner of perceiving the world and behaving vary. Alteration of a person’s mindset can commence with a growing sense of awareness that a person is dissatisfied with an aspect of his or her life, which cause a person consciously to consider amending their lifestyle.”

"Only the shallowest person believes that they can attain true happiness by maximizing their wealth at any cost. In absence of morality, ethics, and a sustainable philosophy to guide us in an ethical search for happiness, we will always perceive life’s random countervailing forces of adversity and unpleasantness as inflicting a great personal injustice upon us. Through application of a deeply embedded personal philosophy, we can push back against the negative implications of a life of suffering. We can use a philosophical stance to gain the perspective needed to say 'yes' to all of life, both its rosy path of ineffable joys and a blackened trail of tears. We must learn to accept life as it truly is and not waste precious time in wistfulness.”

"Idealistic notions that guide a younger person frequently prove unsustainable. Concluding any stage of life demands that a person rebuilds oneself after living destroys our ideological beliefs.”

"A person’s outlook on life colors their interpretation of specific events. Human beings’ behavioral and thinking patterns enable people to thrive or cause them to live in despondency and despair.”

"Change is part of life. Civilizations rise and fall, the tides wax and wane, the planet undergoes periods of climatic revolution, the young grow up, and the old die. What will come is that what shall be. Survival as individuals and as a species demands fluidity of human thought and the demonstrated ability, temperament, and perseverance to change.”

"In the wink of an eye, all quaint days of the past, the present, and future will meld together into the bottomless unknown of perpetuity. Only trace evidence of our invertebrate existence will anoint future generations. In the crinkle of time, our houses will crumble apart. Companies that we worked for will go out of business or merge with other nameless conglomerates. What will survive us are our children and our words.”

3. plant goodness

"We must live a genuine life in order to discover personal happiness and self-fulfillment. Understanding that a person is living a lie is the first step into realizing what is possible. No matter how frightful such a proposition is, we must dare to be an original self.”

"A person imbued with compassion and self-understanding can readily love oneself and exhibit endless sympathy for all people. A person who is unkind to their self can never transcend their corrupt barriers much less run into the world with open arms enthusiastically embracing humankind and all of nature with uninhibited friendliness and goodwill.”

"Disturbing encounters in life spur reflective thinking that jars a person from his or her exhausted ideologies and way of living. A person who lives passionately will develop a philosophic outlook because the road of excess leads to knowledge. Enthusiasm will frequently make a person look foolish, and result in intermittent periods of despondency and self-questioning, yet only exuberance and a degree of risk-taking leads us to wisdom.”

These quotes have nothing to do with relying on any power outside ourselves. If you do rely on a power greater than yourself, there is still much insight to absorb from them that can aid you.

4. plant goodness

"Without thoughtful effort and purposeful change, human life does not improve. The key to living a meaningful life is to accept reality. There is no inherent meaning to life just as there is no hidden meaning behind death. Life is limited and death is simply an ending. The only meaning to life is what each person passionately commits their life to accomplishing.”

Gojira is like 10x fertilizer for your soul. Read their lyrics, understand their meaning, and you won't be the same ever again.

"Suffering is an essential component of life. No person escapes suffering, which is indivisible from life itself. Suffering is what places us in contact with the self; it is what allows us to understand the spiritual nature behind our existence.”

5. plant goodness

"Each of us experiences the perpetual revival of the self. We constantly recast our connate emotional index by perceiving each encounter in life as a marvel, impedance, problem, disaster, or nothing at all. Living in the moment allows us to escape the lonely landscape of self-interest and be part of a larger world filled with beauty, reverence, and adoration.”

"A person must claim the meaning behind his or her existence. How we live is our final testament to what we believed in and our journey through the corridor of time determines our decisive character."

Ok I'm satiated for today. Have a nice day.

The_Motorcyclist likes this.
  6. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

7. Inner War

Inner War Fapstronaut

"Rule your mind or it will rule you"

FeelingDoomed and plant goodness like this.
  8. plant goodness

Dude how fuckin painful it is. How sorrowful. And we do it again, and again, and again.

Some people just crack man and don't make it out alive.

SilentJay313 likes this.
  9. plant goodness

How true, how true my friend.

10. plant goodness

Want more like that? Search "Shihan Essence" quotes and they post posters like that on their Facebook.

11. plant goodness

Ok I need to start a new thread dedicated solely to Kilroy.

The_Motorcyclist likes this.
  12. plant goodness

“You’re frustrated because you keep waiting for the blooming of flowers of which you have yet to sow the seeds.”
    ― Steve Maraboli

13. plant goodness

14. plant goodness

Alright I'm going to double down this morning, let's get a little crazy.

best-time-plant-a-tree-chinese-proverb-quotes-sayings-pictures.jpg

15. plant goodness

a48b00cdd05f7afac6a3555ebfeb96b2.jpg

“Blessed are those that know the path out of their carnal flesh, for they shall attain intuition.”
    ― Michael Bassey Johnson

“If what you seek is Truth, there is one thing you must have above all else.” “I know. An overwhelming passion for it.” “No. An unremitting readiness to admit you may be wrong.”
    ― Anthony de Mello

“My speaking is meant to shake you awake, not to tell you how to dream better.”
    ― Adyashanti, Emptiness Dancing

“Any time you are with anyone or think of anyone you must say to yourself: I am dying and this person too is dying, attempting the while to experience the truth of the words you are saying. If every one of you agrees to practice this, bitterness will die out, harmony will arise.”
    ― Anthony de Mello

"In dreams the images in the mind, in the subconscious, merge with and obliterate the perceptions from the astral senses, in a similar way that in daily life the subconscious causes the external world to be perceived with the colorations of thoughts, feelings, images, and emotions; in other words, we daydream or get lost in thoughts.”
    ― Belsebuub, The Awakening of Perception: A Collection of Talks and Articles

c3c2930c5fa76e33cc622640ee7e5d13--astral-plane-astral-projection.jpg

16. Inner War

Inner War Fapstronaut

"A real man is the one who fears the death of his heart, not his body." - Ibn Al Qayyim Al Jawziyyah

17. plant goodness

18. plant goodness

“I realized then that even though I was a tiny speck in an infinite cosmos, a blip on the timeline of eternity, I was not without purpose.”
    ― R.J. Anderson