1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dealing with Baldness - Fear of getting bald?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Dealing with Baldness
    Today's post is about dealing with baldness. Some fapstronauts are into nofap because of the stories about hair regrowth, at the time of writing I'm at day 143 of NOPMO and I have not seen any regrowth. (Sorry if this crushed your hope) What did I do? I decided to accept my baldness and shave my hair off. To get clear, I did not join nofap for hair regrowth.

Like any other man I noticed that I was losing my hair, my first signs of losing my hair started at the age of 17. I'm now 20 and 3 months ago I decided to shave my hair off. (You can see my recent pictures on instagram)

The day I shaved my hair off
    The last 2,5 years I said to my hairdresser: "The day I get bald I will shave off my hair and grow a beard." after 2,5 years of thinking about shaving my hair off I decided that I was going to do it. The day before I was going to shave it off I was thinking to myself "Thomas you don't have to do this, you know, you are not totally bald, you can manage for 2 more years." then I stopped myself and said "No this will be the day I finally do it, no more excuses."

The following day I went to the hairdresser.
    She asked "The same as always?"
    I said "No (her name), you know what I always told you about shaving my head?" She said "Yes."
    I said "Today is the day."
    "Are you sure?"
    "Yes."
    "Okay here we go."

The moment she started shaving off my hair I was thinking to myself "Fuck what am I doing?"

After my head got shaved, a lady said to me "I think you look younger this way." well that was fast, my first compliment?

The first 3 days I was always wearing a cap, I felt really insecure. But after those 3 days I decided "Fuck this Thomas, you can't hide forever." I decided to expose my bald head to the world. In the beginning some people in my class said that they needed to get used to my new look. But overal the feedback was very positive.

Dealing with baldness a positive thing
    Today, 3 months after I shaved off my hair I feel very happy and cofident. I'm very happy that I accepted it, a lot of people said that being bald fits me. (It even fits my spirtual side.) I sometimes get jokes about it, but I like to joke about being bald too, I don't take it personally.

The thing I want to make clear is that when you are getting bald, you got to accept it and the faster you get over it, the faster you regain confidence. You don't have to wait 2,5 years to shave off your hair, you can do it now. Forget expensive hair transplants, forget oils, forget nofap hair regrowth, accept it and own it.

In the beginning it will feel very weird, but after a while you will own it and you will feel better about it.

A few tips from a bald guy
    1. Don't hide your baldness, expose yourself, it is the best way to get used to it.
    2. Don't try things to make your hair regrow, shave it off, own it.
    3. Make sure you tell people that you're going bald, they will try to talk you out of it, but this way they will be prepared for your change in appearance.
    4. Buy caps, not to hide your bald head. (well you can do that in the beginning) But to keep your head warm or to not get burned by the sun. It can even improve your look.
    5. Do not compare yourself to people with hair, this will make you unhappy, instead focus on how you feel different from the padt. In the beginning you will feel insecure, but after a while you will feel much better.

The benefits of being bald
    1. Not going to the hairdressers will save you time and money.
    2. Less insecurity of getting bald.
    3. Less time spend on making your hair look good in the morning.
    4. Everybody remembers you. A bald guy who owns being bald, definitely rememberable.
    5. (This I have not experienced myself) Apparently people who are bald a viewed wiser and smarter which results into getting paid more.
    6. Looking better, are you hiding baldness. Accepting it will improve your look.

The END
    I hope this post helped you with accepting your baldness and if you are not getting bald great! (But you can't be Avatar Aang on Haloween, yes get jalouse my friend!) If you have other questions feel free to drop them and I will try to give you an answer.

Keep it up, peace!
    Thomas

(If you want to see me bald, check my instagram, link is on my profile.)

EDIT: I do have to add that when you go bald, your results on dating apps will decrease (at least when you're 18-23) but I think that if you make a good profile with very good pictures, your results will get even. (sometimes even more)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2018
    T-1000, HE^MAN, ShotDunyun and 9 others like this.
  2. Xuarez

Xuarez Fapstronaut

I've heard that if somebody had long hair and then he cut it, he will have receding hairline. The same is with beard.

I know (from my own experience) that castor oil helps hair to regrowth. Now I use it because of my beard (it helps a lot- hair is thicker and darker) but few years ago I had long hair. To make it thicker I started using coconut oil mixed with castor oil. Girls from my group were asking me what do I do to make my hair so beautiful. It was agleam, long and darker. In May I decided to cut it. Sun, high temperature, etc-it's so annoying. I did it and in few weeks I saw receding hairline. Not as big as my brother and dad have but it was starting... After 2-3 months I had problems with my hair- I was loosing it. I started using castor oil again. After about 4 months it wass in a perfect condition. It is even better than it was before I had long hair. Thick, strong, indestructible- that's how it is now. I use oils for my hair and beard 2-3 times per week.

BUT

Now I like mohawks- sides of my head are nearly bald, middle is higher. I like this hairstyle. But I'm thinking about shaving my hair off. Yes, I want to be bald. It's because I want my head to shine :D My friends use razor blades to shave their heads but it'll be my first time so I'd like to go to hairdresser. Later I'll try with a razor blade.
    The disadvantage of shaving head with razor blade is that it causes "holes" in hair. I mean- it can lead to make places on your head in which there are no hairs. And they will not regrowth. Hair bulbs will be destroyed.
    Next step will be a long beard. Now I have a short one but I hope it'll be longer one day :)

Shave your hair off, let your beard grow, make yourself more muscular and you'll look like Viking :) Some girls like it.

3. great fucking attitude man. this is a great example of conquering a fear instead of letting it consume you

ThomasV likes this.
  4. I don't use razor blades, I just use a trimmer and trim it on hight 0,8 mm. Looks amost bald, is good enough for me. Haha you'll look like a viking, cool perspective.

Thank you brother!

5. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

You got it right: whatever in your life you feel insecure about you need to change if you can or embrace it if you cant (change it). That is the only way - no more hiding of anything.

ThomasV likes this.
  6. Also the money you save not buying shampoo and conditioner. I went bald. You own it and after a while you stop worrying. Your attitude rocks btw. It took me a lot longer to accept it.

ThomasV likes this.
  7. Well said.

8. Emancipator

Emancipator Fapstronaut

9. As a woman, I can say, whenever I see a man with barely any hair, I always wonder "why doesn't he just shave it all off? It would look so much better." It almost ALWAYS looks better to just embrace it and shave than to keep what little you have left. And it does make you look younger, for sure.

And also... Lex Luthor... super sexy. Just sayin.

ThomasV and Deleted Account like this.
  10. Haha thanks for the feedback!

11. This subject consumed my life for several years. The fear of balding is really stupid, I admit. But I'm really young looking and the bald look would have been absolutely ridiculous.
    Thankfully the big three did me well. I am on natural dht blockers and now that my stress is mannaged I need them even less. I think stress had a lot to do with dht production for me. You just need to take care of what you have. Keeping my hair was a motivator for me. It taught me with determination, research, and time you can get what you want.
    The bald look endows those who have it with a sort of confidence. When I get older I will just embrace the bald.

WesternWolf and ThomasV like this.
  12. Alright take your time brother! And I think stress was the leading cause for me too. But great that it is teaching you a lot

13. j_pwc_bat

j_pwc_bat Fapstronaut

Great post....... 149 Days of Success ....... Cool story....... and you look strong with beard!

ThomasV likes this.
  14. Jay.

Jay. Fapstronaut

Nice post man. Am losing hair as well, now I'm on this long streak although am at say 10 and I can't really say if my has improved from when I started but OK have decided to wait 90 days and see. If there's no improvement I'll shave it all off. Right now, my hair doesn't look too bad and people hardly ever notice.

I used to use some hair creams but I stopped using anything on it about 4 days ago and it feels kinda strong I think.

Anyway, more power to I bro for making this post.
    One question I'll like to ask is how are things with the ladies? I mean with your bald head, what's your experience dating

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. DainTrinity

DainTrinity Fapstronaut

I went through high intensity balding through 17-18, most of the front of my hair is gone. I've been buzzcutting my head since I was 6 (except that one year I had a mohawk because I could). Honestly, not having hair is great. You can feel the air pressure, the wind changes, you can feel the sun, there is such strong sensations from the top of your head, you can control your body heat much better, it's easier not to sweat to death in summer, hair isn't flopping around all the time in the wind so annoyingly. It's awesome. Think about it, what has hair ever done for you ? Nothing. Nothing at all.

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. What an excellent post, way to embrace it all the way. I think I will have to do this one day as I have an ever expanding widows peak. As I turn 26 this year it doesn't seem to bother me as it once did when I was 20.

ThomasV likes this.
  17. Ricardo26

Ricardo26 Fapstronaut

Stop Scareing people with your symptoms go to doctor or talk to priest ask God for forgiveness and pray